IFL Group

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CutEmUp

Any IFL pilots on here that would like to offer some general info about the operation?

Number of aircraft?

Number of crew?

Schedules (scheduled runs or pure on demand)?

Crew domiciles?

Upgrade policy (seniority order or per domicile)?

Any contracts with UPS/FedEx/DHL (If so, how long)?

General Pay/benefit info?

Days off?

121 vs. 135 side?

How are you treated by the company?

Is the company expanding/shrinking?

Stability of the company?

Thanks in advance for any facts/opinions you can provide.

Last edited:
CutEmUp,
I used to work for IFL some time ago so I will try to help you out.
1.General operation is ad hoc.
2.I do not know so many people come and go.
3.Schedules,not when I was there.I think they have a couple now out of South Florida and El Paso.
4.PTK. Now there is one in PIL but you work for the 'Bobs" which is described as the last stop before HELL.
5.My time I was there I seen one person upgrade.
If you are looking at the 727 you will never upgrade.
6.I think the plane at ELP is for UPS but like I said it is been some time since I've been there.
7.Pay is by the mile.It is really confusing.You have a base but you fly against your monthly gurantee.
Benefits are pretty standard.But as far as I know they just got Cass,and the jumpseat cordinator is the D.O. which lives in PTK and really has no use for it,so he doesn't try to do anything with it.
8.Days off 1 day a week.
9.I flew on the 121 side I do not know anything about those Falcons.
10.Your basicly treated like a scumbag.Now there are some really good captains and FO's over there,but as far as managment goes they treat you like dirt.
11.Do not know what there really up to now,but in this economy and with the Big 3 in trouble I'm sure it has been pretty slow.
12. Alan Ross the owner has made alot of money back in the hey day of running auto parts and the time I was there I only remember 1 person getting laid off.
My personal thoughts it depends on what you are trying to acheive. If you are trying to build total time it is a ok place to get what you need and get out.
If you are a high time flyer don't waste your time.
But this all depends on how hungery you are(laid off, company closed,etc.)
I hope this helps for some people they like ad hoc myself I could not stand it. Really, You have to live it before you can really describe them and understand them.

dang...I knew they were bad...but holy cow that makes some other places like Royal, Kalitta, and Murray look a little better.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that now, they're pretty much one in the same.

i always get a kick out of guys i meet on the road that don't realize this. trying to sugar coat their equally as crummy job. i just shake my head and laugh.

"10.Your basicly treated like a scumbag.Now there are some really good captains and FO's over there,but as far as managment goes they treat you like dirt."

Dead wrong... (the scumbag and dirt part). The DO and the Chief are great guys who do everything they can to make you happy while keeping things running smoothly.

Last edited:
Just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

When you've had experience working at three of them it all seems to be the same, different people, different attitudes and management styles, same mission and basic work rules.

Your company has diversified and is different now but one of the other places mentioned operates on the same principles.

I'm not miserable about it or convincing myself or anyone else its better or worse at one company or another, I've made a career out of the on-demand world and still enjoy it.

Last edited:
When you've had experience working at three of them it all seems to be the same, different people, different attitudes and management styles, same mission and basic work rules.

Your company has diversified and is different now but one of the other places mentioned operates on the same principles.

I'm not miserable about it or convincing myself or anyone else its better or worse at one company or another, I've made a career out of the on-demand world and still enjoy it.

Right on, well said.

Latest resources

Back