• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you have trouble w/sleep or hangovers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now why in the heck would you want to do a stupid thing like cut back on your drinking? Bunch of friggin Sally's around here. Excedrin works well in the morning. It has caffeine and pain killer in it. All sleep aids I've had leave me dragging a$$ for the whole next day.

TwinTails said:
Now why in the heck would you want to do a stupid thing like cut back on your drinking? Bunch of friggin Sally's around here. Excedrin works well in the morning. It has caffeine and pain killer in it. All sleep aids I've had leave me dragging a$$ for the whole next day.

That's why you want to take 1/2 a dose at night and then jog in the morning. My point has been that 1/2 dose has never done a thing for me until I tried the Alka Seltzer and it's because of the absorbtion rate of the fizzy stuff. TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT. I shoud be recieving my check from Alka Seltzer any day now :D .

Bdfg1 said:
Mixing drugs with alcohol. Smart thinking there.

Had some friends in college mix Vicodin with Vodka shots.

I woke up at 3am and they were passed out stone cold in the hallway, barely breathing.

Here's a lesser known side effect of Ambien:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/16/o...43176400&en=444f3e410d0fb9f5&ei=5070&emc=eta1

Editorial
Sleeping Your Way to a Fuller You

* Sign In to E-Mail This
* Printer-Friendly
* Save Article

Article Tools Sponsored By
Published: March 16, 2006

Medical researchers may have inadvertently discovered a perfect way to slow the indiscriminate use of sleeping pills in this country. Just warn all users that the most popular sleeping pill may cause some of them to eat while asleep and gain lots of unwanted pounds.

That thought comes to us after reading a report on studies by researchers at the Minnesota Regional Sleep Disorders Center in Minneapolis and at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Both groups have found that some users of Ambien, the best-selling sleeping pill in this country, develop an unusual side effect: an eating disorder in which they sleepwalk into their kitchens, forage for food or even cook it, devour hundreds or even thousands of calories, and then return to bed. The next morning they can't recall the events but find a telltale messy kitchen.

Some bizarre cases were cited in an article by Stephanie Saul in The Times on Tuesday. One woman gained 100 pounds before finally realizing that Ambien was at fault. Another woman in a full body cast managed to sleepwalk to the kitchen, where she was found at various times frying bacon and eggs, lighting the oven, or eating a sandwich. Still another sleepwalker wolfed down a whole package of hamburger buns.

Sleep-eating can occur spontaneously or in association with other drugs, so Ambien may not be the only culprit. But the researchers think that there's something about Ambien that leads to sleep-eating in some people. Presumably only a very small percentage of users are susceptible, but with millions of Americans taking Ambien every year, the sleep-eaters could number in the thousands.

mcjohn said:
If you thinks that's dumb, one time my sister consumed an entire box of NyQuil LiquiCaps in an attempt at a psychedelic experience. She almost died. My dad and I have had to bail this same sister of mine out of jail 7 times.

Whew, that is pretty bad.

The people I speak of now fly for some regionals, scary.

Latest resources

Back