Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you had a choice.....GIII or DA 2000?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Which one is the best choice?

• G III

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • DA 2000

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sure I will be wrong with this, but the companies you mentioned operate GV's, Falcon 900, and Hawkers. No Falcon 2000's, they're great airplanes just a little hard to find still.

Challenger 600 go for $6M, 601's for $10M, and 604's for $17M. The 600 only goes about 2500nm. All Challengers will out climb a CL-65, though they are enimic when compared to a GIII.

If you want cabin size, the best bang is an old Jetstar! They fly like a dream and have one of the roomiest cockpits this side of a 747, all for about $2.5M

On the other hand if all you want to do is go to Hawaii and Europe a Lear 36 can make Hawaii and even a lowly Citation I can make Europe (albiet with stops in Gander, Greenland, and Keflavic.)

501261 said:

Challenger 600 go for $6M, 601's for $10M, and 604's for $17M. The 600 only goes about 2500nm. All Challengers will out climb a CL-65, though they are enimic when compared to a GIII.

The 601-3R's I'm pricing are in the 15M range, I'd love to get into a 604 though.

We'll see....

Add to the flight department closings: Aetna (Falcon 2000), Seacor (sp?...also a 2000). I had heard Dassault had six used 2000s on the market.

G-III

I have no Falcon experience. A great airplane, I'm sure.

The Gulfstream is a very reliable airplane. You would have no regrets. Noise is an issue and getting worse. As far as G-II, Europe and Hawaii can be done. A G-IIsp with winglets has an increase of 7% in performance making Hawaii from SJC no problem most of the time. The UK can be done from Gander most of the time and Shannon to Gander most of the time. It is a no brainer in the G-III. My vote is Gulfstream.

Thanks for all of the thoughtful input fellas.....we'l' forward this thread onto the potential buyer and see what he says.

Falcon for me....

Simply put....Dassault is leaps and bounds ahead of it's time as far as design and technology levels go. Gulfstream just keeps making it's planes bigger using the same basic airframe. Granted the fancy EFIS is in the newer aircraft, the rest of the airplane was designed in the 70's. Many mechanics I have spoken with don't like working and maintaining Gulfstreams because of the "old school military technology" they use. Falcons are state of the art aircraft....not only in the cockpit, but inside the fuselage as well. They are a dream to fly and probably one of, if not the best biz-jet in the sky. My $.02....having flown several Falcons and talked to many Gulfstream operators. By the way....need a pilot? ;)

This is very prelim, and I think we are close to a year away from a purchase, as the funds will arrive about then (can't get into details). However, when the time comes to staff it we'll be looking here first.

Latest resources

Back