• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you commute on SWA ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They hit it on the head "the Capt does not own the seats or the j/s" he may have say but it is what it is. Wake up boys SWA fangs are put to make money. It's a new deal so suck it up and quit crying

Aw man, are we gonna go THIS argument again??

I have commuted and lived in domicile at SWA. Living in domicile is a better program for me, personally. On occasion, I will pick something up and be a momentary commuter and ALWAYS appreciate the ride. If I am forced to ride in the high-chair or on the fourth, I don't care. I had rather not be uncomfortable but I want to get home. It would be nice if the Captain had the discretion that he used to, but these are the new procedures and until it is changed through a diplomatic and equitable process, either get on and be thankful or change your vacancy bid.

This discussion has merit but the tone is very sour and if you fellas want to "screw" the company, please give your chief pilot your notice. This mentality has done wonders for every other airline in existence so please go apply so that you can suck the soul out of its operation. I want this policy changed and I believe that it will very soon. The negotiations comment was ridiculous. I am sure that PCL and a few others will join in for an ALPA "screw them" circle-jerk. Pardon me for not taking recommendations from ALPA folks on how to prove a point to their company. Their demonstrated "expertise" has gotten the ALPA pilot a lot lately, hasn't it?

I do not doubt that often in airline GO's some dude listens to someone out at the airport and says, "that's a great idea". Then after that idea materializes into a procedure it's loathed by the masses and is short-lived. It's hard for those folks to understand the gravity of their decisions when they do not work in the environment. This "idea" will most likely be gone as quickly as it arrived.

... either get on and be thankful or change your vacancy bid.
.... please give your chief pilot your notice. This mentality has done wonders for every other airline in existence so please go apply so that you can suck the soul out of its operation.....

I have bad news for you "dude". All of the chief pilot positions are already filled.

The employees are not the ones sucking the soul out of anything, but something sure sucks. If you want to think that this happening during our negotiations is a coincidence, go ahead. But it is intuitively obvious to the most casual of observers that management is testing our resolve and unity. i encourage everyone to communicate with your management (in the most professional and calm manor) your dissatisfaction with this policy. Then go provide the Positively Outrageous Service that has become our hallmark.

I don't think it is time to "screw" anybody (except us apparently), but I think it is time to find my black tie... I may need to soon. Herb has always said to "keep you powder dry". Smart guy.

I'm trying bro but this monster has a firm grasp on my givea********************ter right now.

I called the union and my Chief Pilot. He said they're getting swamped with calls.

Good.

Gup

Can someone give me 2 good, valid reasons wht it is NECASSARY to have the captains permission to J/S?
Besides tradition. The gate agents have all the technology to check out a J/S before they board.

DON'T FIX IT IF IT ISN'T BROKE.....the way we were doing things worked well (getting Jumpseaters onboard before boarding). There is not 1 SWA Capt that wouldn't go up stairs and bring down Jumpseaters 5 or 10 mins before the agents were ready to board. This is really a control issue between many of the agents and the tradition of the Capt.

Latest resources

Back