• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If the chinese can do it why cant we..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, the Chinese airlines are communist owned but I remember a time when the US airline industry was regulated too.....things were far more stable back then.
So I guess the question still stands.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5h-Xjlzt4WfKOR2xFUx3Dfpt5vuzQ

I think they are on to something here. If you cant have good service, you cant expand...imagine that.

China tells airlines to reduce delays and improve service for the Olympics

14 hours ago
BEIJING - China ordered domestic airlines to reduce delays and improve service for the Beijing Olympics in August or face penalties.
Airlines that fail to improve performance could be barred from expanding services for two years, among other penalties introduced by aviation regulators at a meeting Friday, the state-run China Daily reported Saturday.
Beijing's overcrowded airport, the world's ninth busiest, will open a new US$4.6 billion terminal and runway this year to cope with the demand.
The Civil Aviation Administration has ordered airlines to stop overbooking flights and keep one or two planes on standby at six key airports in case of delays, China Daily said.
Scrutiny would intensify from July to September, according to Vice Minister Yang Guoqing of the General Administration of Civil Aviation.
China's airlines and airports have struggled with soaring demand for passenger and cargo services amid the country's economic boom. Despite increases in airline fleets and new airports, air traffic corridors have become clogged around major cities and hubs.

Knowing China, they'll execute the airline CEOs if delays aren't reduced.

He is...

Involved in the Shenzen airlines joint venture running CRJ's out of China.

They're recruiting for CA's, paying $8,000 a month plus a 2 bedroom 1200 sq ft apartment plus per diem, but only 8 days off a month. :puke:

Just remember folks, the chinks are buying up our debt faster than we can make it. We'd all be well served by learning that language!

And that's no BS folks!

Ok, I'll concede on my error-- China Airlines is a Taiwanese carrier. But I will stand by the first portion of my reply. Additionally, this carrier has had numerous safety related issues in the past to include the 737-800 blowing up, a 747 takeoff from a taxiway in Anchorage, a 747 break-up in flight in 2002 killing over 200 and the famous 747 loss of controlled flight off the coast of California in the 80s.

In different ways that has all happened here.

Just remember folks, the chinks are buying up our debt faster than we can make it. We'd all be well served by learning that language!

And that's no BS folks!

I'm already hooked on the General's chicken with fried rice......

Here come the chicken choking jokes......

Latest resources

Back