• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If NWA buys DAL...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You changed your language a bit. Your previous post indicated DAL would be the buyer or acquirer. That is different than a merger. Your words:

"Did you not see the article today stating that Delta is looking to be the buyer in that situation? "

Schwanker

Sounds like YOU NEED A POISON PILL. Wow, you got worked..... This would be a "friendly takeover, not a hostile one needing a poison pill." Did he answer it intelligently enough for you? Idiot....

Bye Bye--General Lee

As they say prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Being in the bottom 400 does not bode well for anyone that is a newbie at DAL.
If you noticed NWA is parking more 9's. If they do more of that pre or post merger, then we will have an over staffing of pilot. Simply put, synergies is a cute term for layoffs. They may not, but I for one am not going to hold my breath once this little thing is announced.

How many pilots are we budgeted for this year alone at Delta? Another 600, and that was for growth only. I would say if that is true you would have some sort of a cushion, right? They will probably continue hiring in case this whole thing falls through with the Gov't, which is a possibility. (see other thread). Our guys at Dalpa know about the NWA DC9s and their possible parking. That is not our doing, and it would have to be taken into consideration, maybe fencing those guys just like a possible fencing of the 744 pilots. I am sure people are considering this.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You changed your language a bit. Your previous post indicated DAL would be the buyer or acquirer. That is different than a merger. Your words:

"Did you not see the article today stating that Delta is looking to be the buyer in that situation? "

Schwanker

Hi there. Maybe you missed the memo from Steenland saying "we better do something now before it is too late and we can't make our own destiny....." He is considering all options. Wake up jacko, I really doubt he would use the poison pill in this case. Get back to us when you get your GED.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Man...

This thread sure has the General in rare form-looks like his ego may have a little trouble with being someone's gear bitch on a dc-9.

-Tough break, jackoff!

This thread sure has the General in rare form-looks like his ego may have a little trouble with being someone's gear bitch on a dc-9.

-Tough break, jackoff!

Here we go again. More name calling from everyone involved. Let's try to separate the emotions from the issues. Otherwise we are just wasting time....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back