• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If NJA got sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was partly in jest but I've seen wealthy folks do dumber things .. like buying a fleet of Beechjets out of spite. And I've seen wealthy folks lose their ass on cattle and horse farms .. Kenny Rogers comes to mind. Course if someone makes the right offer I'm sure NJ would be sold.

I think so too. We are turning a profit, I would just wish for higher profit, would make me feel safer.

There are intangibles to our profit that guys like Hansel and Buffett are more than aware of and will do their best to keep it separate from our negotiators.

The tax write offs alone we offer all BKS companies who utilize our services are huge, money from one pocket to another with the NJA/FSI relationship, and last but far from least, the ability for BKS companies to increase their ROI by saving huge amounts of time flying to and from meetings, not to mention the proprietary info that can be discussed by senior staff enroute to those meetings.

The service we provide the parent company increases far more to the overall ROI by allowing ALL BKS companies to be more profitable. Few if any other BKS children can lay claim to that. Even if we just broke even, our contribution to BKS is still invaluable.

There are intangibles to our profit that guys like Hansel and Buffett are more than aware of and will do their best to keep it separate from our negotiators.

The tax write offs alone we offer all BKS companies who utilize our services are huge, money from one pocket to another with the NJA/FSI relationship, and last but far from least, the ability for BKS companies to increase their ROI by saving huge amounts of time flying to and from meetings, not to mention the proprietary info that can be discussed by senior staff enroute to those meetings.

The service we provide the parent company increases far more to the overall ROI by allowing ALL BKS companies to be more profitable. Few if any other BKS children can lay claim to that. Even if we just broke even, our contribution to BKS is still invaluable.
Ummm, you do realize that if NJA didn't exist, all these BKS companies would use a similar form of transportation, don't you? You make it seem as though they are getting something unique.

Ummm, you do realize that if NJA didn't exist, all these BKS companies would use a similar form of transportation, don't you? You make it seem as though they are getting something unique.

They are getting something from a sister company versus spending capital on the outside. You don't see the benefit there? Ever hear of keeping it in the family?

Last edited:
The NetJets/EJM operation is BKS' flight department. The profit they make off of the other owners, card holders, charter customers and managed aircraft more than pays for BKS use of the aircraft.

They are getting something from a sister company versus spending capital on the outside. You don't see the benefit there? Ever hear of keeping it in the family?

Oh, so they don't have to pay for it. Well that certainly changes things.

Everyone pays! How does a BRK company paying for Netjets service help that company? BRK companies operate independently. Of course the bottom line at Netjets helps BRK, as it should.

Of course they have to pay for it. Let's consider Geiko wants private transportation. They can buy charter, their own, or fractional. Whomever they choose will provide them with the time savings and increased productivity for Geiko that any private transportation system will provide them.

Who do you think the parent company, BKS, would prefer they do business with? Netjets. So Netjets makes more money, BKS makes more money, and Geiko does as well due to the increased productivity any one of us provide. That's a big advantage huge conglomerates like BKS have. They can provide their own tools. Big advantage.

That is irrelevant.

What makes my post relevant is this. As long as BKS sees an advantage to using the services provided by NetJets/EJM they will not shut it down or sell it.

NetJets/EJM doesn't need to provide huge earnings to keep their place in the portfolio. The bottom line doesn't always show the value of a individual company in a large conglomeration such as BKS. Some people would have you believe otherwise.

Latest resources

Back