• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

if money were no object...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can fly the thing all day long with the autopilot off and the glass on. The glass gives you all the info the steam gauges do and quite a bit more. Farting around with all the goodies makes the flying that much more fun.:)

Saw one just the other day at DAL; they had us parked next to it. It’s sweet, sexy and looks fast just sitting on the ramp.

As far as the panel being ugly, that’s a stretch at best looks well laid out from what I’ve seen. And for those who long to fly clock museums forever try spending 8 hrs a day keeping a 20 year old B732 out of the tree tops of such $hit holes as Campinas Brazil or Guayaquil Ecuador.

You'll grow to respect and long for the glass real fast.

Hubie

I think you guys misunderstand - if I'm on the job trying to get from point A to point B, I'd love to be sitting behind the most sophisticated glass setup available. The more information - the better.

But I'm talking about old school flying. It's along the same lines as FlyChicaga wanting to fly DC-3's - there's something nostagic about it. It's like getting back to the roots, so to speak. And when I'm in that mode - I want steam. L1011's, early 747/737's and 727's.

Big, and analog!

Last edited:
I'd fly an old beaver or other seaplane around the islands off pugent sound and alaska, or maybe just be an island hopper someplace warm. Ironing and Shaveing can get old, I'd love to fly my rockstar friends around in their Bac-111, but Ill hold on to whats left of my "job security".

"My ambition keeps getting in the way... inhibition keeps me behind this door."
Jawbreaker

sail plane

thats what i would one day like to be rated in, some thing that makes no noise at all.................................

fly safe:D

If money were no object I would want to be a Freight Dog for the rest of my life and fly around in the DC-3, DC-4, DC-6, Beech 18, 99, and a L-188. Well maybe a DC-8 and 727 for a little while just for fun, but then go back to the twin Beech or DC-3 of course.

Sounds like you and bigD and Chicago would like to fly instead of operating computers. It's fun really. Nothing quite like round engines and real pertoleum all over your shirts.

Dunno about that Cessna bigD. It's fast, but ............ its still a Cessna.

For you younger guys you should try a Connie. It's not for older types ....... they can't handle 3 pieces of tail.

I'd want to have my own 135 outfit with a Beaver on floats. SE Alaska or Washington state. I'd have another pilot working for me and only fly when I felt like it.

Or drive for Ferrari in Formula One

I would like to take the G-V internationally. They delevoped a G-Vsp that does about .90 now.

Latest resources

Back