• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If I get screwed again....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But NBC news the other night said the airline industry will need 1 million pilots over the next 10years or so. This time I really believe it,don't you guys?the mass hirings are just around the corner just hold on a little longer.

But NBC news the other night said the airline industry will need 1 million pilots over the next 10years or so. This time I really believe it,don't you guys?the mass hirings are just around the corner just hold on a little longer.

I think it was more like 450,000, so.....

Hate to be wrong... They flushed the pool and interviews will resume in Sept. Something to do with hiring a new Director vice president of talent recruitment. The new guy doesn't like the old guys style...

Wait for it... hooooooold.... Some one's head just exploded. BTW, this is a BS post.

Dont worry within 2 years Jb will be begging people to come here. You're as good as hired and please enjoy the rest of your career as an FO working for less than your peers.

Take any JB pilot and put them out of work with no paycheck, I'll bet their old job at JB would look pretty good in short order.

Take any JB pilot and put them out of work with no paycheck, I'll bet their old job at JB would look pretty good in short order.

"Come...work at JetBlue. It's better than unemployment."

Can it really be that bad in the grand scheme of things.......really?

The problem with sentiments of this type is that you fail to provide an adequate frame of reference. What is "the grand scheme of things" anyway? If your frame of reference is "just be happy you have a job" then I guarantee that some bean counter is salivating over hiring you. You set your value too low.

If you compare a job at JetBlue with the average job in the entire U.S., it looks pretty good. But if you compare it with other major airlines, the shortcomings are stark. After a while, you get tired of the rhetoric and just want what has been promised almost from inception but never delivered: average. You feel played for a sucker and just want them to pay up for once instead of swapping one thing for another in yet another zero-sum exercise. You want to feel valued for providing above-average performance and get tired of excuses for below-average compensation. It's hard to feel grateful when you're being taken advantage of.

Can it really be that bad in the grand scheme of things.......really?

Is it better than unemployment? Ummm....yes

But my sights are set a tad higher than having a career that exceeds the rewards of unemployment.

This pilot group has been repeatedly promised industry average....over and over again. For 12 years we have been promised this...

we are still waiting.....

I'm thrilled to have a job that pays the bills.

I'm really dissatisfied with our compensation package when compared to our peers....NOT THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE.

But if your goal is to have a career that is better than unemployment...or even better than Mesa....The Rob, The Joanna, and The Harry would love to have you. You're their kind of pilot.

I'll even give you my Blue Dart. Just wait until FedEx calls me....I can't handle another one like you.

Is it better than unemployment? Ummm....yes

But my sights are set a tad higher than having a career that exceeds the rewards of unemployment.

This pilot group has been repeatedly promised industry average....over and over again. For 12 years we have been promised this...

we are still waiting.....

I'm thrilled to have a job that pays the bills.

I'm really dissatisfied with our compensation package when compared to our peers....NOT THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE.

But if your goal is to have a career that is better than unemployment...or even better than Mesa....The Rob, The Joanna, and The Harry would love to have you. You're their kind of pilot.

I'll even give you my Blue Dart. Just wait until FedEx calls me....I can't handle another one like you.

Watch out what you ask for... Can you tell me what industry average pay is for a Domestic carrier flying the E170/190? According Airline Pilot Central http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com, salaries at all comparable 170/190 airlines are well below what Jetblue pays. Examples-- at Republic, a 20 year E190 CAPT/FO make 119/37/hr; US Airways 16 year CAPT/FO make 101/58/hr; Compass 18 year 170 CAPT/FO 104/43/hr while JBLU 10 year CAPT/FO make 144/96/hr + 1.5X over 78hrs for premium pay...

Do you really want industry average? Look at A-320 pay at these airlines and see what they pay out vs Jetblue using 10 year pay only CAPT/FO-- US Airways 135/89; United 134/91; Frontier 146/91; Spirit 145/91 while at JBLU 160/107 + 1.5X over 78hrs for premium pay-- as for 320 operators, we only lag behind Delta in pay.

Sooo, for all the "we lag behind industry" folks, maybe you need to look at the numbers again. Especially on the E190 side of the house-- YOU ARE THE BEST PAID E-190 PILOTS OUT THERE TODAY!!! Instead of just blindly saying we lag, maybe you can say we lead?

There is plenty of room for improvements from work rules to healthcare here at JBLU. But in some, if not many cases, we are better than our peers...

Latest resources

Back