If I didn't have the bug before...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotOnTheRise

I got to sit in the cockpit of a UPS A300 the other day. I probably drooled all over it. If that is not enough to give you the bug, I don't know what else will.

So, why do I write this:

While sitting in the cockpit, I couldn't help but think of how lucky pilots are. Sure the regionals could pay more to their FO's, sure the industry is having some problems right now, although hopefully it begins to straighten out sometime soon, and there are always going to be some negatives, but it is still the best job in the world. I thought to myself; "I can either have this cockpit be my office, and be 30,000 feet in the air, or sit in a cramped office in some office building somewhere, doing paperwork all day". I choose the first one.

Things can always be better, but realize what you do for a living. Theres nothing much better if you ask me. I hope to oneday soon be joining you all in the cockpit. Until then, I'll keep training away.

Don't let them get you down. (PILOT on the Rise) Yeah its got its up and downs. But if its what you want to do, do it.

I wish all these guys that keep complaining about the industry would get out, Oh I know you //expected// different things. Its never too late to change careers. That's why there are 40 yr old FO's at regionals.

That SJS stuff is stupid too, yes I fly a jet. But its not shiny and I could care less. Actually my dream airplane to fly at an airline would be a Q400 (out of my hometown) Props are alot more fun anyhow. Although I hear the Q400 is a Mx disaster.

P1

I knew I'd probably get those type of responses. But atleast let me have the moment while I still can.

Flying is a blast. Don't let some of these clowns rain on your parade.

Everything in life is what you make out of it.

Long ago I heard the expression flying is awesome, but aviation f*cking sucks! You got to figure out how to balance that reality if you want this line of work.

PilotOnTheRise said:
I knew I'd probably get those type of responses. But atleast let me have the moment while I still can.

Hey Bro, I hope no one or nothing ever steals your joy. Keep your passion and energy up and hopefully you won't end up like the rest of us. It's to late for most of us. Just know that there will be bumps in the road. Good luck, you'll get in that A-300 seat one day...........

Latest resources

Back