If I could fly one FRAX aircraft I would

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Just thought it would be a fun topic. There are a lot of interesting airplanes flown in the fractional fleets out there... I have talked to many fractional pilots and most have a "favorite" corporate aircraft - either flown or on the wish list.

The FRAX aircraft that I would fly for the rest of my career (if offered) would be the Citation X. I like its looks, its speed (.92 mach at FL510), its range and its advanced flight deck - pure glass. Sure, it might be a little tight in the cockpit for long flights, but that wouldn't be too bad.

So, which CURRENT Frax aircraft (not a SSBJ) would you choose to fly if given the opportunity (regardless of whether your company operates them now or not)? Which aircraft and why?

Cheers

I would fly the Beech 18...........ohh, nevermind.

No doubt about it....

For me, the clear choice could only be one aircraft:

THE WILGA

It's ugly, slow, and noisy. The owner's will be so disgusted with it that I'll spend every tour right where I belong. At home.

I would pick the G-V. It may not be as fast as the Citation X, but it probably makes for a better long haul aircraft.

DC-3

I would Pick the DC-3 it has style, elegance and the owner would have class to pick such a magnificent machine. Listen to those 1830's purr.....ahh.....music to me ears

How about CURRENT FRAX airplanes? I doubt there are many Frax Wilgas or DC-3s out there....

So, what will it be - Global Express, BBJ, Excel, Lear 45, Citation X, Hawker 800XP, Beechjet 400A....? And why?

How about CURRENT FRAX airplanes? I doubt there are many Frax Wilgas or DC-3s out there....

So, what will it be - Global Express, BBJ, Excel, Lear 45, Citation X, Hawker 800XP, Beechjet 400A....? And why?

Been There. Done That.
Looking for something more fun to fly.

Griz said:
Better get ready for those 5 hour flights in a 2 hour seat. :)

Well said. The X is great to a point, then the walls begin to close in. If you are concerned about the 5 hour flights then you will LOVE the 6 hour flights.

OK on a serious note it would be a Falcon 2000 EX. But with short range tanks limited to 1+30 legs with NBAA IFR Reserves.

Latest resources

Back