• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If given choice, CRJ or ERJ? And Why...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait till the packs have 10000 hours on 'em and the cooling turbines are worn out.

the only gripe I have with the ERJ is this, what is the deal with the cabin seats? I am 205 and 5'11" and after about 30 minutes the foam squishes completely flat, and the seat completely hurts my a$$!! Its like sitting on bare plywood!!! The whole plane seems cheper and flimsy compared to the CRJ. BTW I havent flown either of them , just j/s on them a lot.

MetroSheriff said:
Wait till the packs have 10000 hours on 'em and the cooling turbines are worn out.

And this is different how from any other airplane?

Hey LAPD, We got somethin' in common......

(air 70, air 80, etc.....)

Hangin' yer beef?

Hey AAsRedHeadedbro:

Be careful where you "hang your beef!!" The companies have policies against that sort of thing these days.
:D

Years ago, when I worked at SkyWest, we had a captain who was hanging his beef in the cockpit... no pun intended... I'll rephrase that... we had a captain who was hanging his beef on the flightdick... uh, I mean flightdeck, and he was promptly terminated for it. Anyone who has been around SkyWest long enough had likely heard the story about that guy. BTW, it wasn't me, I voluntarily resigned and am eligible for rehire. (Might end up returning if I can get an interview.):eek:

Regards,
RightBettor

I think the seats in the CRJ are more comfortable. After an hour or so on the ERJ my booty goes numb. Also, seems like the ERJ uses less runway on the takeoff. I have worked ramp with AWAC(CRJ) and Mesa (ERJ) and we have had way more problems with the APU on the ERJ. Also, the cargo bin in the CRJ is much easier to work in. I tend to like the spacious cockpit of the CRJ better but overall, I'd $hit myself to fly either one. I'm obviously not an airline pilot yet but it's just a little different perspective from the ground crew.

Allison builds crappy engines. GE's on cl-65 are the same as on the A-10. Very FOD resistant. We recently had one crew ingest 12 large birds into one of the engines on takeoff out of TVC, flight continued on with nothing more than a slighlty skewed indication on one of the fan VIB guages, everything remained within limits. Upon landing, maintenance discovered 10 blades missing from the engine!

Latest resources

Back