Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If CMR is...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Texx

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 17, 2005
Posts
970
Well since ASA has been sold outside of DAL bk, it looks like the CMR pilots may have a rocky road ahead.

I see contract and LOA cuts in the very near future.
 
Texx said:
Well since ASA has been sold outside of DAL bk, it looks like the CMR pilots may have a rocky road ahead.

I see contract and LOA cuts in the very near future.

I can see Mesa in the very near future. Not being alarmist or a jerk, but CMR might need to start thinking about it.
 
bvt1151 said:
If these 40 aircraft are leaving for ASA/SKYW, I see much worse than pay cuts.

Maybe not. You know how the magic works around here. It could be something as simple as Delta re-registering 40 ASA airplanes to Comair then having Comair leasing them to Skywest/ASA. I seriously doubt Comair is losing 40 airplane. That's, what, about a third of the fleet. Everything Delta does is so clear..... Delta signs ASA airplanes over to Comair to retain control of assets, Comair leases said airplanes to Skywest, then Skywest deploys the leased airplanes at their new subsidiary who just happens to be..... umm... ASA. Fuzzy math. I wouldn't worry about your airplanes. What I will say is good luck to all of us. I don't really get a warm fuzzy feeling about any of this.
 
FmrFreightDog said:
Maybe not. You know how the magic works around here. It could be something as simple as Delta re-registering 40 ASA airplanes to Comair then having Comair leasing them to Skywest/ASA. I seriously doubt Comair is losing 40 airplane. That's, what, about a third of the fleet. Everything Delta does is so clear..... Delta signs ASA airplanes over to Comair to retain control of assets, Comair leases said airplanes to Skywest, then Skywest deploys the leased airplanes at their new subsidiary who just happens to be..... umm... ASA. Fuzzy math. I wouldn't worry about your airplanes. What I will say is good luck to all of us. I don't really get a warm fuzzy feeling about any of this.

I very sincerely hope you are correct.
 
And on a lighter note the Standing Bid displacement for YV->F8 ERJ CLT-MCO thingie came out at Mesa today.

The sky is falling...
 
Obviously this sale has been in the works for some time. I'm not sure why Delta would go to the trouble of negotiating Comair's LOA if they were going to immediately turn around and negate it by giving away Comair's equipment. But then again, who knows what goes on in ATL?:rolleyes:
 
FmrFreightDog said:
Maybe not. You know how the magic works around here. It could be something as simple as Delta re-registering 40 ASA airplanes to Comair then having Comair leasing them to Skywest/ASA. I seriously doubt Comair is losing 40 airplane. That's, what, about a third of the fleet. Everything Delta does is so clear..... Delta signs ASA airplanes over to Comair to retain control of assets, Comair leases said airplanes to Skywest, then Skywest deploys the leased airplanes at their new subsidiary who just happens to be..... umm... ASA. Fuzzy math. I wouldn't worry about your airplanes. What I will say is good luck to all of us. I don't really get a warm fuzzy feeling about any of this.

I very sincerely hope you are correct, but I doubt it.

Remember that Skywest flies 70's for 50-seat pay, and Comair has 27 70's. That only leaves 13 50-seaters.
 
what 40 airplanes are you talking about? I found out from a very good source a month ago the reason why the ASA 50 seaters came over here was because they were owned by Delta and they wanted all there assets on our property. So please explian this loss of aircraft? If you we do, we get our pay back.
 
N813CA said:
what 40 airplanes are you talking about? I found out from a very good source a month ago the reason why the ASA 50 seaters came over here was because they were owned by Delta and they wanted all there assets on our property. So please explian this loss of aircraft? If you we do, we get our pay back.

We get our pay back, but lose 400 pilots. Not to mention all 70-seat pay, which means a huge pay cut for around 700 pilots (including those furloughed, but not including downgrades). If Delta wants all assets on Comair property, I wouldn't necessarily take that as a good sign. The release says Delta will sublease aircraft to Skywest. If it were referring to aircraft currently under lease, it would be called an assumption of the lease, not a sublease. That Comair now has all of Delta's RJ assets, and they're talking about subleasing RJ assets looks very grim indeed.
 

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back
Top