Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Age 65 goes forward, how will that affect CAL's hiring or retirements?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pocono Pilot:

This isn't flame, just an observation. You seem to be living your career based on fear. Fear of age 65, fear of a UAL merger, etc. This career is full of risk, no matter where you go. I still don't understand why you went through the process of interviewing at CAL and putting your sponsors reputation on the line as you ultimately refused the offer but I will make a suggestion; If you do get another job offer, take it. It's better to be in the game then sitting on the sidelines due to fear of the unknown.

-minrest

The reality is every airline is not for every pilot. Some couldn't stand SW flying a 737 for 25-30 years. Some can't stand all night flying that FedEx andd UPS has. Some hate international. Hubs/base choices etc. etc. Blondes, brunettes, red-heads.....whatever. Who gives a 'flying Fluck' if one guy doesn't want to work at CAL, move on there's 10,000 guys willing to take his place.

flatspin7,

XJT's waiting period for medical benefits is 3 months. That was changed from 6 months effective 12/1/04 with the signing of the new contract.

-Neal

exactly. which leads me to believe that PooPoo Pilot is a fraud or else he would surely catch this error as a 2900 hr XJT captain.

screw this guy. he's a flamebaiter and is trying to make XJT look bad. as a proud ex-XJT'er and current CAL pilot i ask this moron to go ply his craft of ignorance somewhere else.

I'm thinking he actually got TURNED DOWN at CAL and is spinning it around as if he actually turned THEM down. Flamebait!!

Get a life man instead of getting on flight info every hour to post your messages. LOSER!!!!!

You stay on that RJ at a regional........there's thousands waiting to get here.

flatspin7,

XJT's waiting period for medical benefits is 3 months. That was changed from 6 months effective 12/1/04 with the signing of the new contract.

-Neal

Oops my mistake.

-----------
As for you Poo-poo pilot.

I got hired at CAL under this crappy contract knowing what it was, true their are holes and some glaring problems, but even with that my QOL is better at CAL than express. Even the bad trips are better, more productive, and varied.

Of all my friends and co-workers that have come over none of them regret it. So yeah our contract sucks, and if it takes 4 years to get a better deal it will be worth it.

Pocono --

A couple of questions for this obvious flamebait. How many CAL pilots have left for XJT versus XJT for CAL and why is that? Find me one that has left for CAL for XJT and I'll support your decision, otherwise, it's time to just shut up about "your decision" and move on.

Hey CAL pilots: Let's forget about this Pocono guy.

Age 65 is a BIG deal for our group. Seniority aggression and our pilot group seems to be a recurring theme. Same basic story as 83-85, same cast members reprising their roles along with a few new, unlikely standouts. Complete with ALPA villianry as well, just like before. Don't spend much time talking about how our next contract will be an improved one; If we don't handle this change right there won't be an improved contract in our future for ANOTHER 20+ years...again, just like before. See, to these age change guys, this IS their BIG contract. In fact, JP and company will take more satisfaction in getting age 65 in place for themselves, than they would winning a great contract for everyone. So while we think we're going to see gains through good old-fashion collective bargaining, they're TAKING gains right out of our hides! The bottom half of the list is going to be so far behind, they couldn't really help us, even IF they wanted to. Which they don't, of course. That should be abundantly clear....you don't hear JP theorizing how this will positively effect junior pilots?!

We need to think of a few ways we can balance this out at CAL. And especially important is to guard against the next thing these guys will try to pull! This is just the start of renewed seniority aggression at CAL. Next they're going to want special deals on their top pay, sick leave, LTD, lump sums, etc....THEN, they will want to work til 70!

I think they should be:

Surplused to the bottom of the list behind any furloughs.

Forced to retire if furloughs occur.

Paid only as FOs. The most senior FO on the pairing should get CA's pay.

Involuntarily made to invest HALF of every paycheck they get age 60+.

What are some other ideas?

Last edited:
I think that says it all. Perfectly fair to me. They're still flying and getting paid. Unless it's not the pay, but the ego, hmm. Let's see if any of them complain about your lucid ideas. Nice job.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back