• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Idle Delta Jets Sitting Around?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These planes have 52 or 54 seats, and have club seating, since we know those NBA or NHL types like to play cards. I have flown several NFL teams on the 767-300, and the Yankees and Red Socks on 757s. Those flights are very welll catered, and very profitable.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I've not seen a plane at DAL like that yet...... Hope the FAs are not the Senior Mama's as that would scare anyone away!!!!! :eek:

I believe the FA's have to interview and be selected to do these. I know a few of the FA's here in MEM that are "Charter Girls" and they are all young & cute. I haven't ever been on one of these charter planes but they are supossedly very nice.

I did a charter for the MEM Grizzles last year from MEM to MSY on the DC-9. Apparently the 319 that was supposed to do it was stuck in LA. The players were extremely nice but had gotten used to the charter planes. I heard alot of complaints. At least it was a -50 so they could spread out. It was also a Midnight departure, they had just played a game & were heading to MSY to play the following night. The players were so tired they didn't eat any of their catering. The repo back to MEM was awesome! We ate like Kings!!!!

I believe the FA's have to interview and be selected to do these. I know a few of the FA's here in MEM that are "Charter Girls" and they are all young & cute. I haven't ever been on one of these charter planes but they are supossedly very nice.

NW was smart. Alaska pays the FAs double time to do charters, so we have the most "experienced" ones. I once did a charter down to ACA and I had the top 5 most senior FAs. They kept bragging about their seniority to the pax. I don't think their experience necessarily made them better.

On a side note, AS pilots don't make an extra nickle for doing charters. Do the DL pilots?

No there is no extra money involved. The trips are either in the trip packet, the charter portion is part of another trip, or the trip is dropped in to open time where it is open to anyone bidding it.

This is why DAL (the new DAL~) is going to be a powerhouse in the industry.
And I heard that the Delta Charter side just bought up another charter operation...

Latest resources

Back