Idle Delta Jets Sitting Around?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLYLOW22

Anyone else notice the seemingly large about of freshly painted former NWA A319/320 aircraft parked on GA ramps around the country?

3 in MCO last week, another in CLT yesterday...

Why aren't these planes flying?

Anyone else notice the seemingly large about of freshly painted former NWA A319/320 aircraft parked on GA ramps around the country?

3 in MCO last week, another in CLT yesterday...

Why aren't these planes flying?

Charter?

Well if any fleet was going to be intentionally underutilized due to economic conditions, you would think it would be the DC-9 or MD-80 not the Airbus.

They are charters. We have several NBA configured 319/320's. They
have couches, bigger seats, etc... My buddies on the "baby bus" are always
doing the charters. I think we do so many that they are in the bid packs. Was just watching the Olympics & saw what looked like one of them on a commercial. Might have been a visa commercial. The wife was yappin so I couldn't hear

6 Airbuses are strictly charter aircraft. Those things really get around. I have been on board and they are REALLY nice inside. Don't rule out a few 757's hanging around as they do some charters as well.

The 9's once in a blue moon will do a charter. Of course if your team has an old guy wearing purple, white, and gold tossing a football around it may be an A330.

I flew a charter trip last year for the Warriors. The planes are extremely nice on the inside and the players are very well taken care of. The food is fantastic and the best part of it is that we are fed well also ;)

Latest resources

Back