• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Identify this aircraft please...

MATHEWS

Total Time
-
I was flying out of O'hare yesterday and noticed an aircraft land that looked like a Challenger but the nose was not as pointy, if that makes sense. It was a bit larger than the standard Challenger that I am familiar with and it was brand spanking new. Had the same shape tail, winglets, and everything, but the only thing I could tell was different was the nose and size. Any help??? It was pretty sharp looking.

murdock

Total Time
1800TT
It is the New Challenger 300. Most of the one's I see are operated by flexjet. They are really sharp in and outside.

MATHEWS

Total Time
-
Hey Flyflyfly, are you always <edit>?

C'mon, does that really need to be said???

-Workin'stiff

Last edited by a moderator:

NYCPilot

Incorporated.
Total Time
I might have seen one ofthe new challengers too at TEB. It was operated by Flex Jet according to the last two letters (FX) of the N number.

Weird thing is, I looked at the new Challengers on the Bombarider website and didn't see this specific model. What I thought was distinguishing were the windows. There were very "wrap around" on the sides, unlike the squared off ones on the website. The cockpit windows looked similar to 3 series BMW headlights. Very tapered and pointy at the end, almost swirled to a point upward.

NYCPilot

Incorporated.
Total Time
The one I saw looked just like that but the way the cockpit windows wrapped around the sides was different. I think the particular AC was also delivered literally 2 weeks ago too. Maybe they changed the window design.

drinkduff77

Total Time
Gulfstream 200

NYCPilot said:
The one I saw looked just like that but the way the cockpit windows wrapped around the sides was different. I think the particular AC was also delivered literally 2 weeks ago too. Maybe they changed the window design.

Maybe this one. They look pretty similar. It's the new Gulfstream 200. http://www.airliners.net/open.file/448760/L/

Last edited:

drinkduff77

Total Time
You're right. From the gulfstream website...SL ISA MTOW 6083 ft. That's the longest in their fleet. :eek: