• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Id 70/75/90/95

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depending on where you are going and what the % is it can sometimes be cheaper to actually buy a positive space ticket then the discounted one. I would do the math on both.

True. With Spirit, Airtran, and SWA offering many double digit fares for positive space, it's often hard to justify the same money for a space available ticket on a mainline partner

Id 50/75/90 have mostly gone away several years ago. Most carrier participate in ZED fare a Zonal fare program which is better than the ID. Price is based on zone milage and is cheaper. Another advantage to ZED fare is that you can use it on multiple carriers with just one ticket. For Example I work for CAL. I buy a ZED fare from DTW to ATL. I can jump back and forth between DAL and NWA on that city pairing because they are part of the ZED agreement. Whoever cashes in the ticket gets paid. With Id 50/75/90 you had to buy a Id on each seperate airline.

Carrier that use ZED. CAl, DAL, NWA, AA(?) A lot of foreign carriers. Aeroflot, Czech Airlines KLM and many more. Parents are elegible to use Zed fare. Domestic and International. You cannot use ZED fare on the Airline you work for must use your passes.

Id 50/75/90 have mostly gone away several years ago. Most carrier participate in ZED fare a Zonal fare program which is better than the ID. Price is based on zone milage and is cheaper. Another advantage to ZED fare is that you can use it on multiple carriers with just one ticket. For Example I work for CAL. I buy a ZED fare from DTW to ATL. I can jump back and forth between DAL and NWA on that city pairing because they are part of the ZED agreement. Whoever cashes in the ticket gets paid. With Id 50/75/90 you had to buy a Id on each seperate airline.

Carrier that use ZED. CAl, DAL, NWA, AA(?) A lot of foreign carriers. Aeroflot, Czech Airlines KLM and many more. Parents are elegible to use Zed fare. Domestic and International. You cannot use ZED fare on the Airline you work for must use your passes.

Where do you buy them? Your company's ticket counter?

DAL is not using ZED at this time. website says they might by end of 08..... tuff luck of dat.... bouyyyyy

turbinej's explanation is right on the money. what kind of pass you get will depend on the carrier and the agreement your airline has with it. id75 are pretty much useless... you can get the same price or better by buying a discount positive space ticket... you can also probably get to the same destination on another carrier with a better agreement (id90, zed).

zed's are by far the cheapest and most flexible. most agreements are being converted to zed's as they are renewed.

Confusing!

OK, if AA has ZED's, does your airline have to have an agreement in place with them or are they for anyone with an company ID??

Tim

OK, if AA has ZED's, does your airline have to have an agreement in place with them or are they for anyone with an company ID??

Tim

Whether it's a ZED or ID whatever, it depends on what the agreement is between YOUR airline and AA.

I don't know who you work for, but go into your company's travel listing website (CAL's Coair, UAL's Skynet, DAL's travelnet, whatever) and it will usually say what the agreements are between the two.

Again, depends on who the agreement is with. When I go into Coair, it says that myself and spouse/dependents get a ZED on whatever airline, but parents DON'T.

Latest resources

Back