Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumorhasit

$11.25 per seat mile
Whether you agree or disagree with global warming, one must admit this has been a snowy winter(most recent memory). I "know" any professional pilot on flightinfo would never intentionally fly into known icing but may have a few stories. Discuss....

Last edited:
Whether you agree or disagree with global warming, one must admit this has been a snowy winter(most recent memory). I "know" any professional pilot on flightinfo would never intentionally fly into known icing but may have a few stories. Discuss....
Are you kidding? If we didn't fly in ice, nothing would ever get anywhere. This is a joke, right?

Yes, I am talking about those aircraft that do not have de-ice or anti-ice equipment on board. For example, flying a cross country during a training flight at night and turning on lights and seeing ice on the wings, those types of stories. This is the Training section of this site correct? And I am not B.S'ing anything. I am just looking to hear stories of folks in GA aircraft getting into iceing for my students, thats all. No conspiracy here......

In GA airplane without known icing capability, never fly in the clouds in the winter if the freezing level is not well above the ground. I have never been successful climbing out of icing in SE GA airplane, but have been successful descending below the freezing level to get rid of it.

Latest resources

Back