IBT tries Stealing FAPA DUES Accounts $$$$$

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Captain Morgan in DA HOUSE!

I've had friends from the Repblic triad ask me whats up with my loyalty to FAPA all of the sudden when only 4 months ago I was a Teamster. First and foremost, I support the Republic pilots. I feel they need a good contract and they are overall a great bunch of pilots, some of the best I've ever had the pleasure of flying with. However, with that said I have always felt that the Teamsters are the wrong group to be representing us. They are in way over their heads and the top-heavy Teamsters is slow to react partly due to the structure and hierarchy. FAPA or any in house union is more effecient and streamlined to accomplish tasks and resolve matters quicker. I know the adversarial relationship with management that the Teamsters have can't help either. I am against the Teamsters and for the pilots, I just wanted to make that clear.

Why does the IBT feel that they have a claim to FAPA money? This wasn't a merger of unions, it was a certification of the IBT. FAPA keeps its money, and the IBT takes over. There is no acquisition of funds. But hey, if they want to go down that road, since ALPA keeps taking over IBT properties like North American and ATI, maybe we can start taking IBT money. How's that sound?

Just worry about keeping those Airbus seats warm guys....[/QUOTE Elvis has left the building there little fella, you may wanna update you "Official IBT Carreer Expectation Theft Workbook" Earn the seat....you wont be getting one from us......Welfare Mentality, the stench is unbearable!

Just worry about keeping those Airbus seats warm guys....

Once the fence comes down, if you're pathetically still around then, do you honestly think your seniority will hold an OPEN seat position? Remember there is no bump and no flush. You may be well retired before you have your day in the sun. Let me guess, in that seven years, you're going to turn down every job opportunity that comes your way. This all assumes that nothing in this industry changes in the next seven years, because we all know how stable it is here. I do wish you luck though!

Last edited:
Assimilation is complete

Once the fence comes down, if you're pathetically still around then, do you honestly think your seniority will hold an OPEN seat position? Remember there is no bump and no flush. You may be well retired before you have your day in the sun. Let me guess, in that seven years, you're going to turn down every job opportunity that comes your way. This all assumes that nothing in this industry changes in the next seven years, because we all know how stable it is here. I do wish you luck though!

Lord knows pretty much everyone is senior to you know. You'll be swinging gear and talking on the radio for all your CMH coworkers. You have no idea if i am senior or not but we already know that you are not. As far as possible opportunities, who knows what they will be. Seems that your jumping ship has limited yours. See ya around cmh!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back