• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT 1108 Strike vote 100%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't have to have sources to know that you can take strike votes all year long but it makes no difference until you are released by the federal government. This just isn't going to happen while the company continues to bargain in good faith... in the eyes of the NMB (not yours).

yeah good faith is offering us a horrible pay scale with no benefits and other crap. no thanks. This contract might not be perfect but i'll keep working under this one because i would have taken a pay cut any other way. no thanks.

sure we can't strike till the nmb releases us but bad press for the company is still bad press.

dsptchrNJA said:
while the company continues to bargain in good faith...
You and the other NJA Management apologist can talk about the company bargaining in good faith all you want. The pilots have recently begun an effort to "work in good faith" as a response to the company's lack of bargaining for 4 years. Now you may see it as a work slow down but technically it's just strictly following the rules. Let's see how you, Santulli and Boisture like it as we legally follow the rules to the letter of the law. I hope you use your same logic to come to our defense when management starts screaming that we are "working in bad faith" when the tempo slows to a crawl. Illegal? Heck no, we are just going to take a page out of the company's playbook they have been using for 4 years and see how they like a taste of their own bitter strategy. You're not gonna be one of those types that can dish it out but can't take it, are you?

Hogprint said:
FacFriend,
Are you sure about this? Check with your sources again. ;)

I have checked with my information again. The national IBT will tell you that this strike vote is it, guys.

This is you - telling your local MEC that without further information or giving you another round on the TA- they can call a strike.

This just isn't going to happen while the company continues to bargain in good faith... in the eyes of the NMB (not yours).

Once again your spinning this from the angle that we were issued abeyance because we (union) were negotiating in bad faith.

That is wrong. Tell us why you think we're in abeyance?

Facfriend,

I was not clear. I was refering to the statement "NMB takes us out of deep freeze...it won't happen this year".

What are your sources saying about release from deep freeze?

Hoggy,

I have only heard from the head of MEC that he is doubtfull that NMB will give pilots the time of day this year. I have no other sources on that information.

I have a question about the by laws/ ammendments to CBA-

Does this mean the union membership has to approve ALL Loa's. Looks like all Loa's have to go to vote with the new by-laws. Will the MEC let pilots see all LOA's or only the ones that they want approved?

The reason for abeyance

Hogprint said:
Once again your spinning this from the angle that we were issued abeyance because we (union) were negotiating in bad faith.

That is wrong. Tell us why you think we're in abeyance?

The reason for the abeyance is that the MEC has not been bargaining in good faith. Just to say we want another 100 million dollars is not appropiate unless the company has the ability to pay for it. The abeyance give the union two more shots to come to the table and negociate with facts instead of politics. To continue down the road of unreasonable demands will put you in a deep freeze. The company wants to give the pilots an increase that they deserve and the company can afford. The NMB would like to see this come to an agreement as would the company and everyone is willing to have the facts on the table in the situation of money.

If the NMB found the company was bargaining in bad faith they would have released the union to strike. The NMB is trying to help you out so you don't end up in a deep freeze. It is very obvious.

dukeofdub said:
The reason for the abeyance is that the MEC has not been bargaining in good faith. Just to say we want another 100 million dollars is not appropiate unless the company has the ability to pay for it. The abeyance give the union two more shots to come to the table and negociate with facts instead of politics. To continue down the road of unreasonable demands will put you in a deep freeze. The company wants to give the pilots an increase that they deserve and the company can afford. The NMB would like to see this come to an agreement as would the company and everyone is willing to have the facts on the table in the situation of money.

If the NMB found the company was bargaining in bad faith they would have released the union to strike. The NMB is trying to help you out so you don't end up in a deep freeze. It is very obvious.

Nope. That is a good guess, but that is not the reason.

You say the MEC is bargaining in bad faith. Can you give us an example?

Latest resources

Back