IBC Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rway36 said:
Give us an idea of a typical day. What kind of routes? Any on demand?

rway, what's going on!!!!! I don't know much about IBC but I see them regularly over kingston and mobay jamaica. anyway, the alexander brothers said hi............

Groundpounder said:
Good luck living on $18k a year in Miami.

So would you recommend not going there, as a place to build good ME-turboprop time for a couple yrs. Wouldn't that offer the time needed for the 'majors/legacy' mins.(the salary could be your ways of 'paying your dues')??

skengdon said:
So would you recommend not going there, as a place to build good ME-turboprop time for a couple yrs. Wouldn't that offer the time needed for the 'majors/legacy' mins.(the salary could be your ways of 'paying your dues')??

No, I'm just saying it is pretty much impossible to live in the MIA area on $18k a year.

I applied with them, and I am almost glad I didn't get the job, cause I have no idea how I would pay the rent.

Groundpounder is right, it is hard to live making $18,500 a year but if you can do it, it will be good experience. You will be flying a plane that has no auto pilot which helps you improve your instrument skills. I'd be willing to bet that most of our FOs here will fly circles around those regional guys. So before you decide to jump into a glass cockpit, the Metro will be a great plane to learn what flying is all about in my humble opinion.

If the schedule gets busy, we sometimes have to fly single pilot in the Metro's. Our Key West DHL run is the only scheduled single pilot flight.

RightTraffic said:
If the schedule gets busy, we sometimes have to fly single pilot in the Metro's. Our Key West DHL run is the only scheduled single pilot flight.

How does the training work? As in do FOs pay upfront and that money is gone forever? Or the company provides training? I heard once that it's sometimes provided and then the other times FOs pay.

Whats the deal?

why do people take such low wage jobs? seriously

and people whine about pay for training... I see no difference

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back