IAF on FP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
profile said:
I did a search of the forum but have not found a direct answer to this question. This question pertains to a 121 operation in a B727/A, so limited to Class I navigation.

Routing filed in the flight plan is BTV...LEB...PWM. No VOR on the field at PWM. Debate is if this routing is legal. Some would argue that there would be no way to navigate it in the event of NORDO or an ATC radar failure. I believe this is the ATC Pref route, however.

Does an IAF need to be included in the flight plan? If you believe so, please support that. If you do not believe so, anything to support that aside from common practice?

Just looking at the pref route database, I see nothing for BTV - PWM. There are however, a lot of routes going into PWM; the ones available to /A all seem to include ENE or CON. Some go so far as to include CON CON067 PARSO.

If it were me, and I wanted to eliminate all potential ambiguity, I'd file over CON.

Now the $64 question, how do you get cleared in reality? Does Boston Center clear you on that route?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back