• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I won the lottery!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My DOH is my DOH-- as well as is your Doh for you. EVERYTHING we do as pilots is based on DOH. DOH was how mergers took place in the past and it was universally fair to all because the one constant all of us pilots can hangtheir hats on is doh

AA/TWA was date of hire? I'm sure there will be many guys who are glad to hear that!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I must take issue with this statement.

No sir, USAir is, was, and probably will continue to be the toilet bowl of this profession. USAir is THE WORST airline I have the misfortune of being forced to ride on - and has been for many years running. If there was any equity in the bankruptcy system, you would have been working at a new carrier years ago, because there is NO justifiable reason why USAir should still exist.

Sorry you picked a crappy airline to go to work for, to some extent I believe the blame lies more in management than the employees. But again, you seem to be laboring under the delusion that your airline isn't the worst in the US, and wasn't saved (for heaven only knows what reason) when HP came in and pulled your sorry a$$es out of yet another BK filing.

I never applied to either carrier, but at no point in the last 15 years would I have gone to USAir - I would have gone to America West.

I'm sorry that you chose to go to work for a carrier that, well frankly just sucks. If HP's management had ANY brains they would have let Airways die on the vine and then move in on the carcass. They didn't and now we're all stuck listening to you bellyache about how you and your failing airline (which should have been out of business ten years ago) were hard done by.

As the old saying goes - you played with the bull, and you got the horn. You insisted on binding arbitration, you were warned (by the arbitrator) to find a compromise, as you wouldn't like the results if he was forced to rule. What part of this outcome is a surprise to you. When a toy train goes into a tunnel, are you amazed every time it comes out the other side?!?

Get a grip.

Tristar

And what great airline are you with - Delta maybe?

i don't have a dog in this fight, but i must take issue with this statement.

No sir, usair is, was, and probably will continue to be the toilet bowl of this profession. Usair is the worst airline i have the misfortune of being forced to ride on - and has been for many years running. If there was any equity in the bankruptcy system, you would have been working at a new carrier years ago, because there is no justifiable reason why usair should still exist.

Sorry you picked a crappy airline to go to work for, to some extent i believe the blame lies more in management than the employees. But again, you seem to be laboring under the delusion that your airline isn't the worst in the us, and wasn't saved (for heaven only knows what reason) when hp came in and pulled your sorry a$$es out of yet another bk filing.

I never applied to either carrier, but at no point in the last 15 years would i have gone to usair - i would have gone to america west.

I'm sorry that you chose to go to work for a carrier that, well frankly just sucks. If hp's management had any brains they would have let airways die on the vine and then move in on the carcass. They didn't and now we're all stuck listening to you bellyache about how you and your failing airline (which should have been out of business ten years ago) were hard done by.

As the old saying goes - you played with the bull, and you got the horn. You insisted on binding arbitration, you were warned (by the arbitrator) to find a compromise, as you wouldn't like the results if he was forced to rule. What part of this outcome is a surprise to you. When a toy train goes into a tunnel, are you amazed every time it comes out the other side?!?

Get a grip.

testify!!!!

That was all well and good pre dereg. or even thru the 80s, because most airline sen. lists were reasonably close in hire dates, posistion held etc. The 90s saw hiring booms at some with quick upgrades(call it timing, luck, whatever). You chose to stay at a stagnant shrinking airline hoping your day would come. It never did. Now you think you can/should salvage what is left of your career at the wests expense. The only people who agree with you are your fellow easties,(not nic., several other judges, nor most of your peers at other airline) and I bet in private some/most would admit that doh would be wrong but figure what do they have to lose. It does not matter who would have merged with usair, no one would have felt a doh scenario would be fair.

My DOH is my DOH-- as well as is your Doh for you. EVERYTHING we do as pilots is based on DOH. DOH was how mergers took place in the past and it was universally fair to all because the one constant all of us pilots can hangtheir hats on is doh

Listen pal, AWA was the toilet bowl of the profession and I am sorry you couldn't get hired by a nicer outfit. What you and your buds want to do is destroy the bedrock of this profession -- DOH. Fortunately, many pilots at other airlines agree withDOH as the standard. Nice is and always will be a piece of paper. Sorry you are having trouble cashing your lottry ticket.

Isn't it the other way around when it comes to US Air? Kudos to the Gold, Silver and Bronze backers over a "Union Pilot" one any day.

Last edited:

Your DOH was everything at your old company, the OLD USAir. DOH was everything at AWA. When two very different companies are mixed together, as was the case here, the only way to mix apples and oranges was to try and find some other equitable method and that's what Nic did. Maybe you should read his entire decision, not just the part that had your name on it. It pretty much spells it all out.

Tristar

And what great airline are you with - Delta maybe?

I don't claim to be work for any great airline. I've spent years flying corporate and for several ACMI carriers - so I spend A LOT of time riding in the back of other companies aircraft. Based on years of experience doing this, I have no qualms stating that USAirways is the worst major/legacy carrier in the United States. I'm not waving the "my airlines better than yours" flag - I'm telling you as a customer with a lot of experience in the back end of airplanes your product is inferior and I avoid it whenever possible. I realize that isn't sugar coating it, but you guys seem to think your stuff doesn't stink and HP did you some great disservice bailing you out. I really think you should re-evaluate the whole situation.

Betcha there's a former Empire Airlines pilot or 2 that you've flown with over the years between your multiple furloughs that would take exception with that statement....:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
OK, so you found former scabs on the list....whatcha want? A cookie?

A nice big stack of Oreo's would be nice !!! Yummy .....:)

You thought there weren't scabs over here?

I honestly didn't . But that's because I believed what your boys told me. Last time I make that mistake. But something tells me by the tone of your post that you did

You must have read that on the Internet, where all good, modern "information" comes from.

Nah...I'm trying real hard to become a "good union pilot " and read only the filtered stuff put out by PMI "sewer with a lisp" and the rest of the Politboro.

Yeah, there are scabs, useless ALPA-lovers, guys who don't even know we have pilots on furlough right now.

Nice to see you think so highly of your co-workers. By the way,out of the 3 catagories above ,which one do you fall under ?

Until next time..."Be Careful "

PHXFLYR:cool:

Evidently, you're not part of the great USAir job shift. Bringing East pilots back from furlough and furloughing West pilots in their place.

Latest resources

Back