• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I won the lottery!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One time I one the lottery two. Uncle-sam sent me a letter and said "I has to reports to the Army". I did but they wouln't take me on account of I didn't have the "mental Apsitutde".

I wuz disappointed and so I vowed to make something of myself. I flunked out of truckdriver school but the Mesa training academny too me in and now I am a real airline pilut.

I ain't a East or West airline pilut, I am a southern one, put that in yer julip and suck on it.

Cletus

One time I one the lottery two. Uncle-sam sent me a letter and said "I has to reports to the Army". I did but they wouln't take me on account of I didn't have the "mental Apsitutde".

I wuz disappointed and so I vowed to make something of myself. I flunked out of truckdriver school but the Mesa training academny too me in and now I am a real airline pilut.

I ain't a East or West airline pilut, I am a southern one, put that in yer julip and suck on it.

Cletus

That right there is funny; I don't care who you are!

Yet another East/West stuff throwing session...these are always fun to watch from the bleachers.

Huh huh huh huh... I'm cool. Yeah. Ummmm. Yeah... Huh huh huh huh huh ... I bash usair pilots and republic pilots ... Huh huh huh huh

And btw I was hired 20 years ago. How about you???
Congrats, I guess. So, what's that 20 years buy you, narrowbody F/O? Good that's where you should stay on the Nic list at your NEW AIRLINE.

PSSSt- Your old airline doesn't exist anymore. It just retained the old name. But you already knew that.

Listen pal, AWA was the toilet bowl of the profession and I am sorry you couldn't get hired by a nicer outfit. What you and your buds want to do is destroy the bedrock of this profession -- DOH. Fortunately, many pilots at other airlines agree withDOH as the standard. Nice is and always will be a piece of paper. Sorry you are having trouble cashing your lottry ticket.

Said "toilet bowl of the profession" then acquired usair. What does that tell you about usair?

Sorry... DOH is not the way things go. Binding arbitration is binding- I guess you guys will figure that out one of these days.

If he was hired 20 years ago wouldn't he have about 18years on furlough?
My DOH is my DOH-- as well as is your Doh for you. EVERYTHING we do as pilots is based on DOH. DOH was how mergers took place in the past and it was universally fair to all because the one constant all of us pilots can hangtheir hats on is doh

Listen pal, AWA was the toilet bowl of the professionn...

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I must take issue with this statement.

No sir, USAir is, was, and probably will continue to be the toilet bowl of this profession. USAir is THE WORST airline I have the misfortune of being forced to ride on - and has been for many years running. If there was any equity in the bankruptcy system, you would have been working at a new carrier years ago, because there is NO justifiable reason why USAir should still exist.

Sorry you picked a crappy airline to go to work for, to some extent I believe the blame lies more in management than the employees. But again, you seem to be laboring under the delusion that your airline isn't the worst in the US, and wasn't saved (for heaven only knows what reason) when HP came in and pulled your sorry a$$es out of yet another BK filing.

I never applied to either carrier, but at no point in the last 15 years would I have gone to USAir - I would have gone to America West.

I'm sorry that you chose to go to work for a carrier that, well frankly just sucks. If HP's management had ANY brains they would have let Airways die on the vine and then move in on the carcass. They didn't and now we're all stuck listening to you bellyache about how you and your failing airline (which should have been out of business ten years ago) were hard done by.

As the old saying goes - you played with the bull, and you got the horn. You insisted on binding arbitration, you were warned (by the arbitrator) to find a compromise, as you wouldn't like the results if he was forced to rule. What part of this outcome is a surprise to you. When a toy train goes into a tunnel, are you amazed every time it comes out the other side?!?

Get a grip.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back