• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought it was just a game...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This may sound like a stupid question... but once I hae an account and whatnot, where to I go on the vatsim website to login to fly?

QuasarZ said:
This may sound like a stupid question... but once I hae an account and whatnot, where to I go on the vatsim website to login to fly?
You'll need to go to the Pilot Software link on the main page and download Squawkbox 3.0. Squawkbox is the pilot software program that you will use in combination with MSFS. Once you've installed it, start up MSFS and place yourself at an airport clear of any active runways or taxiways, then start the Squawkbox software. There should also be more detailed instructions included with the software download.

Here's the link for Squawkbox: http://www.squawkbox.ca/

They just released version 3.0 a few weeks back; it brings integrated voice ATC, improved mulitplayer (so you can see the traffic around you), and a handful of other "nice to have" features. They used to have a pseudo-FMS that came with the package but have since done away with it. Most a/c come with some sort of GPS though.

These guys have a whole virtual world out there... virtual airlines, virtual flying clubs, virtual air force, on and on...I'm always surprised by how much is out there.

TB

SkyBoy1981 said:
You'll need to go to the Pilot Software link on the main page and download Squawkbox 3.0. Squawkbox is the pilot software program that you will use in combination with MSFS. Once you've installed it, start up MSFS and place yourself at an airport clear of any active runways or taxiways, then start the Squawkbox software. There should also be more detailed instructions included with the software download.
I have.. but when I try and open it my screen just went black.. maybe my computer is way to slow for it or something

QuasarZ said:
I have.. but when I try and open it my screen just went black.. maybe my computer is way to slow for it or something
If you're running FS2002 or FS2004 your computer can't be too slow. If you're using a version of MSFS older than these it may not work...I'm not sure. The manual should say which versions its compatable with.

I dont know, that whole website is giving me issues. When I tried to sign up for the PRC place, it never sent me an confirmation e-mail or when I try to log into the statisitc page is says welcome "my name" then enter the code below, so I enter it and then it says ERROR... I am getting frusterated

QuasarZ said:
I dont know, that whole website is giving me issues. When I tried to sign up for the PRC place, it never sent me an confirmation e-mail or when I try to log into the statisitc page is says welcome "my name" then enter the code below, so I enter it and then it says ERROR... I am getting frusterated
Sounds like you have cookies disabled on your browser...that will cause both of those problems. What version of MSFS are you using?

SkyBoy1981 said:
Sounds like you have cookies disabled on your browser...that will cause both of those problems. What version of MSFS are you using?
I am using MSFS 2004.. and I check cookies already cause thats what I thought it was.. but I guess not

Hmm..I'm not sure. None of this should prevent you from using the software. Check out the manual and see whats in there....I'm not into the pilot part of it as much as controlling so I'm less familiar with it.

Latest resources

Back