I thought AWA was doing good!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
reepicheep said:
Someone mentioned a hiring pool, well I was hired this week but not given a class date and was told I was in a pool and would start "sometime next year". Was told growth plans were scaled back and they are assessing their needs. I also wonder if the possible ATA deal is a factor. It's great to be on board and I'm very happy but at the same time I confess a little red light went on in the back of my head; should I be worried?
Good job. How do you feel about returning to the Bus after flying the 737 for awhile?

Management announced last week that we are only going to grow 3-5% next year.

We will get 4 Airbus in January and then some more from the 22 order later in the year. The 737-300's are here to stay for a while and so are the 757's.

Parker said that the first 300 leases weren't up until 2008.

They probably are just trying to figure out staffing levels based on this reduced growth.

I doubt they would stop classes based on ATA because we haven't even made an offer and if we do there is a chance it wouldn't go through.

on Your Six,

I would be thrilled to leave the cramped, hot, noisy quarters in the 737 and get back to the relative comfort of the 'bus. Most of all I would be thrilled to get a class date and get on the property.

I didn't mean to scare anyone, but I've been around the industry enough to be cautious. They just announced a quarterly loss and growth reduction, they're talking about a merger, and all of a sudden no more class dates instead they've got a pool. It's probably nothing it just raised a few red flags, that's all.

I'm curious what the latest class that anyone's been called for. I was hired 10/21 and told to expect early Dec. I will post when I get a class date.

UALJan15

Latest resources

Back