• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

777_Jackpot

Bang!
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125866886792856401.html?mod=dist_smartbrief

In my opinion, by creating a structured system to ensure a company's "professional" pilots are actually operating their aircraft in a professional manor would render the creation of arbitrary flight time regulations (included in HR 3371) obsolete. I don't think the problems in the industry are a result of a lack of technically proficient pilots, although I am sure there are some, but rather a lack of professional technically proficient pilots. Although, I am sure some will disagree.

In my opinion, by creating a structured system to ensure a company's "professional" pilots are actually operating their aircraft in a professional manor would render the creation of arbitrary flight time regulations (included in HR 3371) obsolete. I don't think the problems in the industry are a result of a lack of technically proficient pilots, although I am sure there are some, but rather a lack of professional technically proficient pilots. Although, I am sure some will disagree.

What? Are suggesting access to flight data recorders? Video taping of flight decks?

There will never be a piece of legislation that prevents stupidity. Professionalism begins and ends in your cockpit with you demonstrating to both junior and senior flight crew members. I am sure you uphold the bar as do I. It is our job as pilots to set that bar high and not allow anything less. It is not and should not be a job for politicians.

Three things:
-The airline safety record has never been better.
-This wouldn't prevent pilots from making mistakes like landing on a taxiway or yanking on the yoke to recover from a stall.
-This bill will never happen. "ALPA. See! We are good for something!"

All of you republican's look at who introduced this bill. It is time to stop voting against our best interests. Like it or not, we are not white collar workers, we are a union trade group, skilled yes, but not white collar. Republican congressmen and women are not our friends.

All of you republican's look at who introduced this bill. It is time to stop voting against our best interests. Like it or not, we are not white collar workers, we are a union trade group, skilled yes, but not white collar. Republican congressmen and women are not our friends.

Unfortunately, this kind of kneejerk crap usually originates from both sides of the aisle. Congress people would rather write these simple minded bills than work on the hard stuff.

What? Are suggesting access to flight data recorders? Video taping of flight decks?

Video taping is coming to a cockpit nearest you. It's been in the works for the last 5 years. Expect it in the cockpit in the next 5 to 7 years.

Video taping is coming to a cockpit nearest you. It's been in the works for the last 5 years. Expect it in the cockpit in the next 5 to 7 years.

It may have been been proposed more than once, but it was met with very heavy resistance every time. ALPA does more than print a magazine.

I used to live on a "professional manor." It was a truly beautiful place.. We had cattle, chickens, horses, and a burbling brook.... And peach trees as far as the eye could see.

Latest resources

Back