I think Comair is a little jealous.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DDpaysoff said:
I wish that was the case, but I think the judge in Ch. 11 will have a say in that. Anyway, it's not Comair's LOA its Dalpa's and I don't see them wasting any bargaining capital on us.

There is no negotiating capital to waste. LOA 46 is already written and it states that as long as ASA and COMAIR remain wholly owned airlines that 25% of Delta's total flying would be allocated to those airlines. It would only seem to reason that since ASA is no longer wholly owned then COMAIR gets to pick up the full quarter. The next couple of months are going to get real interesting.

So if CMR doesn't get the full 25%, do you expect the DAL pilots to threaten some kind of job action to get compliance?

Wasn't there some bad blood a while back regarding CMR's resitance to taking on mainline furloughs?

DAL737FO said:
There is no negotiating capital to waste. LOA 46 is already written and it states that as long as ASA and COMAIR remain wholly owned airlines that 25% of Delta's total flying would be allocated to those airlines. It would only seem to reason that since ASA is no longer wholly owned then COMAIR gets to pick up the full quarter. The next couple of months are going to get real interesting.

Comair can't handle all 25% and it would take a couple forevers to ramp up their ops to do it. Thats if Delta even COULD buy enough new planes (no money or financing) and then hire enough crews (not enough to be had right now).

WWEfan said:
I just rode the jumpseat on Comair and the pilots were business as usual. They treated me well and I didn't notice any new attitude. They know something is coming. Its just a matter of when and who.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear....the gate and ramp folks are the ones I was talking about.

25% flying? I wonder if this is what FB was waiting for? Now we'll have the capacity to support a 300 airplane fleet.

Passengers don't like RJs, only management people do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Passengers don't like RJs, only management people do.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What? Are you sure? You would rather sit in a middle seat on an hour flight in a 737/757 than in an aisle on an RJ? I thought the 170s and 190s and soon to be C series planes are supposed to have the most comfortable cabins short of CALs BF? Maybe the pilots know more about the seats in the back than the passengers.

thebest said:
Hmmm, I'm a passenger....I hate any middle seat. How many aircraft have middle seats, 757 767 777 737 md 80's dc9's airbus's. No middle seat in an RJ. THE BEST

Oh come on. Our "best" passengers are the business guys who walk up and pay the highest fares. Those guys hate RJs. There have been articles in the Wall Street Journal all about that. They want to work and get their bags out if they need to. The First Class section domestically has no middle seats. Even the Song 757s have better leg room and live TVs----which beats an RJ any day---any seat. Sad but true.

Bye Bye--General Lee

miles otoole said:
What? Are you sure? You would rather sit in a middle seat on an hour flight in a 737/757 than in an aisle on an RJ? I thought the 170s and 190s and soon to be C series planes are supposed to have the most comfortable cabins short of CALs BF? Maybe the pilots know more about the seats in the back than the passengers.

You have missed the point too. First Class doesn't have a middle seat. Ever sat up there? Maybe not because our best passengers with the most miles or the richest people buy tickets to sit up there. They tend to buy more walk up tickets, which pays the bills. Even Song has better seats and Live TV, which beats an RJ any day---even in the middle. People getting off Song love it---true fact.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back