• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I recieved my first jet type!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It won't be long before he's saying "Man, I hope they don't get another plane. I don't want to go to ANOTHER frickin' school!" ;) TC

It won't be long before he's saying "Man, I hope they don't get another plane. I don't want to go to ANOTHER frickin' school!" ;) TC

LOL....I was thinking the same thing too.

I just got back from a refresher course at FlightSafety a couple of weeks ago.

FS is great, and as much as I can see the benefits...it's still a pain.

I need a little info

Jeff,

congratulations on the type. Unfortunately I am still working as a CFI and will be putting myself through training and was hoping for a little guidance. My chief CFI holds a CE-500 type. He stopped flying citations back in his 60's or 70's, but told me he would work with me on rainy days if I could just get a hold of some training material. I am going to take my time and do it simultaneously with my ATP, once I have the hours. In the mean time, is there anywhere you (or anyone) know of where I can get some training material? Further, are the CE-500, 550, S550, 552, 560, and 560XL all on the same type certificate? Are the CE-501, and 551 also on that certificate? That is how they are broken down in the FAA Type Certificate Data Sheets.

I appreciate it.

Tonala2k:

First...you can find almost any training material on EBAY. Look under Cessna Citation...not Citation (you]ll get a bunch of stuff on the racing horse instead).

The type rating says: CE-500.

That covers the Citation I (501) , II, SII, II Bravo (CE-550) , V, V Ultra and the V Encore (CE-560).

The CE-560XL (Excel) is a different type rating.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back