I-pod use on the flight deck

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skyline

I was told that there is a way to use blue tooth technology, an I-pod and a Bose headset so that you can wirelessly listen to music, downloaded talk radio or whatever. I hear that it is becoming common in the regionals these days. What a good idea. You can keep the I-pod in your bag and easily reach down to change songs and no one will be the wiser. I have never seen one and don't know how it all would go together but I hear it's easy. Has anyone done this?

Skyline

Skyline said:
Do ya think there could be a way to use the MFD as a screen for gameboy?

Skyline
Hmm....how about a HUD in a Gulfstream....hmm...

:rolleyes:

I think that is a great idea...

However , the covert operation is not such a good idea. I think if you are going to listen to music in the cockpit the other guy you are working with should know what you are doing.

Wankel

when i was flying single pilot charter in mass, i never did a flight without my ipod. twin cessna, so i had to use a real headset. just put my apple buds in my ears and put the headset over them. couldn't even feel them.

i did it on every leg and no one ever said a word. i would do it with pax in the right seat. no one cared.

it was great for shooting 1800RVR approaches into nantucket. crank some linkin park and go to work.

i've used it a couple times in the hawker. the guys i fly with don't care. just one bud in for long trips.

i think the only people who will care are the old guys.

'i never flew with an ipod. you can't either'

they're just jealous

starvingcfi said:
when i was flying single pilot charter in mass, i never did a flight without my ipod.

same here, i've had alot of equipment break but the one time i considered turning around was when i remembered my ipod was still on the charger in the car.
i haven't heard about the bose using bluetooth, but that sounds pretty sweet. i've got the lightspeed 3g with the ipod/cell adapter, works good and sound quality is good.

This may sound dumb but how do you make sure you don't miss an ATC call, especially if you put the buds between your ears and headset?

starvingcfi said:
when i was flying single pilot charter in mass, i never did a flight without my ipod.
i think the only people who will care are the old guys.

they're just jealous

yeah right--what it says under your username fits you to a tee :)

Latest resources

Back