Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I-Phone saves the day, solves all delay problems...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would have loived to have seen a tape of -this- one.. (From another board...)

From another board... Hope you get a chuckle out of it...

[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica,
Geneva]Oh joy! I can't wait for the next ground delay or long taxi due to weather somewhere to get a smarta** with a freakin i-phone shoving it in my face saying "It's NOT raining there... SEE !" [/FONT]

Too late...already happened to me. We push back, get advised of a ground stop in MEM due to storms in the area. Go to the penalty box and wait. My Captain does the lecture over the PA... not one minute later, we get dinged from the F/A

"Some guy with an IPhone says the weather is good, and wants to know what the real reason is for the delay. Is something wrong with the plane?"

I want to tell this clown what he can do with his IdiotPhone - but the Captain does it even better. He gets on the PA and makes the following announcement :

"If the passenger with the IPhone would be kind enough to use it to check the weather at our alternate, calculate our fuel burn due to being rerouted around the storms, call the dispatcher to arrange our release, and then make a phone call to the nearest Air Traffic Control center to arrange our timely departure amongst the other aircraft carrying passengers with IPhones, then we will be more than happy to depart. Please ring your call button to advise the Flight Attendant and your fellow passengers when you deem it ready and responsible for this multi-million dollar aircraft and its 84 passengers to safely leave."

Needless to say, the pax was pretty embarrassed. The F/A later told us the rest of the plane was outright laughing at this dude. What a clown...

Oh I love that! Definite classic OPNLguy. Passengers will never understand. Just sit back, continue being naive, and enjoy your flight people.

Sorry

"Sorry Sir, I will have to confiscate your iPhone. You see, you were told prior to departing the gate you were not to use electronic devices at this time. But you had to prove the captain wrong. You will have your phone returned to you on the ground, maybe. You know, the captain's son has been wanting one of these phones so you never know, you might not get it back.":)

Nothing like logging time in row 14 seat B.

They seem to think that they have these in front of them...

SeatbackInstrumentPanel.jpg

Heck, why not have the geniuses at Apple invent an I-phone that flies the plane too!!

The guy in the commercial really is a pilot, and a friend of mine. I could give you his name, company, and seat... but that's just asking for more trouble as I'm sure you all could agree.

Anyway, IT'S A COMMERCIAL guys, not real life. Yes he is a pilot, and though I haven't talked to him about this commerical, I'm sure a story was 'brainstormed' for the commercial. Actually if you listen to it carefully, you'll see that it doesn't even make any sense... just throwing out buzz words like 'line of thunderstorms', 'dispatch', 'atc'... etc.

You can't believe everything you see on TV and you can't take everything you see seriously either. Apple is trying to sell a product... the whole point of the commercial is to make it seem like it's a product you can't live without. Advertising 101...

It's only TV...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back