Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ToiletDuck

Ninja
I'm a student about to graduate from Baylor University in Texas with my major in Aviation Sciences. When I graduate I'll have my commercial multi-engine/instrument and my CFI. What options do you think are available for me? I don't care if it's flying cargo at crap hours in some 3rd world country I want to get my wheels off the ground and earn some time. Cany anyone who's been down this path share me some incite? I want to get going in this career.
Duck

Time to CFI

I'd say with your total time, it's best to use tht CFI or do some traffic reporting/banner towing/spraying.

Ya have to pay your dues.

Have FUN is #1.

Instruct, instruct, instruct. Unfortunately, with 250 hours there are few jobs you will be able to obtain. We ALL have been there and know what you're going thru, so stick with it. I don't know what most drop zones require for minimum hours, but you might check into hauling jumpers, or banner towing, or traffic reporting. Those are all good ways to build your total time, but be careful because they only build total time and PIC time...you will need x/c time to get a 135 job down the road. Flight instruction is a valuable experience. You will learn so much from it! Although it may seem hard and very repetetive, keep at it and once you get your 135 mins you will have so many doors open to you! I did a bit of instructing before landing my first corporate job as a Saratoga pilot. Definitely entry level, but still a fun job. Good luck!

ToiletDuck said:
I don't care if it's flying cargo at crap hours in some 3rd world country I want to get my wheels off the ground and earn some time.

Man, don't you know anything? You got to work for a couple of years at least before moving up to that job.

Nu

You will typically need 500 hours to be hired for cargo, and that is usually single engine time.

1000 hours to be competitive.

ToiletDuck said:
I just didn't want to flight instruct. At least not where I'm at now. I was thinking of a flight school like maybe GulfStream in Florida or something like that? What do you guys think?

What do yuo mean "at least not where I'm at now"?

Go somewhere else then dude, but you came to the wrong place if you want support to go to GIA or any other PFT outfit.

Latest resources

Back