Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I need interview info for Horizon plz....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboyzii

This is like Romper Room
I need any and all information on the Horizon interview. Material that I should focus on etc....... any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

flyboyzii said:
Material that I should focus on etc....... any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Focus on stretching your FO dollar evrey month for about 8-10 yrs before upgrade. :eek:

FlyinScotsman said:
Focus on stretching your FO dollar evrey month for about 8-10 yrs before upgrade. :eek:

If you are unhappy with that prospect, then get the fark out of there, go to one of the "quick upgrade" bottom feeders and get out of the way of those who DO want to be there. Those with other long-term plans than just the typical FO's myopia that can only see...upgrade, upgrade, when will I upgrade, how long is the upgrade time, upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.....:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by FlyinScotsman
Focus on stretching your FO dollar evrey month for about 8-10 yrs before upgrade.

If you are unhappy with that prospect, then get the fark out of there, go to one of the "quick upgrade" bottom feeders and get out of the way of those who DO want to be there. Those with other long-term plans than just the typical FO's myopia that can only see...upgrade, upgrade, when will I upgrade, how long is the upgrade time, upgrade, upgrade, upgrade

.....Hah!!

Yank, I can agree with you somewhat. Anybody who signed up with QX did it because they wanted to be in the northwest or didn't want to be at a bottom feeder. To then complain loudly about the upgrade is a little annoying, particularly to the captains who stuck it out and put in their time before finally upgrading. No captain wants to listen to his FO whining about being stuck in the right seat.

That said: over six years in the right seat at a regional is a little ridiculous. At some point after thousands of hours of picking up ice over the Cascades, threading your way into SUN at night, landing in snow blowing sideways in BIL, diverting after Boise fogs in, etc, you're ready. And it has to be frustrating to be sitting in the right seat for YEARS after that point, seeing little income growth and no career progression, with the company the same size it was 10 yrs ago, while Skywest grows by leaps and bounds and low-timers upgrade in 2 yrs.

I think it's worthwhile to warn outsiders about this before they apply at QX. That way, those who are willing to whore themselves for low upgrade time can happily go about doing so, and those who want a good quality of life despite a long upgrade can come do so here. If doing so sounds like whining, well, sorry. I promise I don't whine like that to CA's for the entire 2.3 hrs from PDX to BIL.

Latest resources

Back