I need help from you guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falcondriver

My cousin has a rare agressive brain tumor"gleoblastoma multi forma 4". He lives in Dallas Texas and has been excepted into a new program that treats this rare problem. It was a miracle that he got into this new program. This is his last chance to survive his battle with cancer. He has to travel from Dallas to Raleigh Durham "KRDU" every 30 days, until they see if the treatment is helping him or not. If he doesn't make the appointments , they will drop him from the program. His family is emotionally and financially drained at this point. I am trying to help any way I can. I would appreciate any information on cheap or free flights of any kind. I'm just now starting to call all the organizations that offer flights for medical problems and calling the airlines to see if they discount flights for medical emergencies.
I would appreciate your help.
Paul Gilbert
Falcondriver

Angel Flight can definately help. PLEASE call them. The only drawback is that it is made up of mostly small GA aircraft that are limited by weather on a regular basis, which would mean the possiblity of missing his appointment. But AngelFlight would do anything they could to get him there, so give them a call and find out exactly how they can help. I've had the privilege of doing some trips and it is a wonderful bunch of people...

most of the people who fly for angel flight are IFR rated, as are their aircraft. It is not unusual for him to 'change planes' on a trip. However, they'll get him there.
Call them.
Oh, it's free.

He is 50 years old. He had no history of cancer. His wife had problems waking him up and she called 911. Turns out he had an advanced tumor on his brain and had little chance to survive. They did brain surgery and removed the tumor. They said he could only survive mabe 6 months. He was starting to improve and now he has 2 new growths on his brain. Duke University is doing a new experimental treatment on brain tumors. They selected 20 people nation wide and he is one of them.
I just talked to his sister and she can't believe that total strangers would be willing to help them. I told her that if anybody could help it would be the people on this website. I really appreciate all the info and offers. It means a lot to me and my family.
Sincerely,
Paul Gilbert
Falcondriver

AV1ATRX said:
it is made up of mostly small GA aircraft

PM me and let me know, i have a buddy and the two of us do some of the flights in his plane...hope i can help, i had a really good friend who had a brain tumor, it's one of the saddest things ever...i feel your pain bud...

Corporate Angel?

I was reading in a magazine at an FBO last week that there is a Corporate Angel network. I don't think it's affiliated to Angel Flight. I'm sorry, I can't recall which magazine, but someone else may know.

I contacted the Corporate Angel Network. They are real nice people. My cousin is contacting them tomorrow.
I hope they can help him.
Thanks
Paul

Angel Flight South Central is based at Addison.

They can get people to the east coast via relay.

Angel Flight South Central
Addison Airport (KADS)
4310 Wiley Post Rd, Suite 206
Addison TX 75001-4292
(972) 458-0700 - Voice

If possible I'd suggest he plan to get there a day or two in advance, just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back