Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Thailand's Phuket Airway, one of the airlines banned in France, demanded to know what criteria France used to judge it.

With a name like that.........who knows??????:p
Puke it or Fuk it, whichever sounds better to ya!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Other classics include: Asseman Airlines (reminds me of an old Seinfeld episode) and Dom Bass Airlines (from the CIS). It's a funny old world.

What's so funny about Phuket? It's pronounced "Pu-ket". Hilarious.

say again said:
Thailand's Phuket Airway, one of the airlines banned in France, demanded to know what criteria France used to judge it.

OK, Sophomore, listen up.

Phuket Province

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Phuket (formerly known as Tha-Laang or Talang) is one of the southern provinces (changwat) of Thailand. Neighbouring provinces are (from north clockwise) Phang Nga and Krabi, but as Phuket is an island there are no land boundaries. The island is served by Phuket International Airport, located in the north of the island. The ph of "Phuket" is an aspirated hard "p", not a soft "f", so the name is pronounced (roughly) "Pew-get". The name Phuket itself means the Cape of "Tin", which has been used since tin mining became popular. Before that its old name was Ta-lang (in Thai), which is still in used for one of the main provinces in the Phuket area.

Geography

Phuket is the biggest island in Thailand, located in the Andaman Sea, southern part of Thailand. The island is mostly mountainous with a mountain range in the west of the island from the north to the south. The mountains of Phuket form the southern end of a mountain chain, which ranges for 440 km from the Kra Isthmus. The highest elevation of the whole Phuket chain is the Khao Phra Mi with an elevation of 1138 m, however the highest elevation on the island itself is Mai Tha Sip Song (Twelve Canes), at 529 m above sea level.

70% of the island is covered by forest. The western coast has several sandy beaches, while on the east coast are more muddy beaches. Nearly the southernmost point is Laem Promthep (Brahma's Cape), which is a popular sunset viewpoint.

In the mountainous north of the island is the Khao Phra Thaeo Wildlife Sanctuary, protecting more than 20 km² of rainforest. The three highest peaks of this reserve are the Khao Prathiu (384 m), Khao Bang Pae (388 m) and Khao Phara (422 m). The Sirinat National Park on the northwestern coast was established in 1981 and protects an area of 90 km² (68 km² marine area), including the Nai Yang beach where sea turtles lay their eggs.

The main tourist region in Phuket is Patong Beach, which also contains most of Phuket's nightlife and is the centre of cheap shopping on the island. Patong means "the forest fulled of Banana leaves" in Thai. Other popular beaches include Karon Beach, Kata Beach, Kata Noi Beach, Nai Harn Beach and Bang Tao Beach.

Phuket International Airport ranks second in the country in terms of passenger and cargo volume. Thanks to the fascinating tourist attractions including the world famous beaches in Phuket and the nearby provinces coupled with a complete range of tourist services, Phuket International Airport has welcomed millions of passengers each year. Most of whom are tourists coming from countries all over the world.

Phuket Airlines was founded in January 2001 in line with the Thai government's open sky policy.

TonyC said:

Phuket Province

Phuket (formerly known as Tha-Laang or Talang) is one of the southern provinces (changwat) of Thailand. Neighbouring provinces are (from north clockwise) Phang Nga and Krabi, but as Phuket is an island there are no land boundaries. The island is served by Phuket International Airport, located in the north of the island. The ph of "Phuket" is an aspirated hard "p", not a soft "f", so the name is pronounced (roughly) "Pew-get". The name Phuket itself means the Cape of "Tin", which has been used since tin mining became popular. Before that its old name was Ta-lang (in Thai), which is still in used for one of the main provinces in the Phuket area.

Geography

Phuket is the biggest island in Thailand, located in the Andaman Sea, southern part of Thailand. The island is mostly mountainous with a mountain range in the west of the island from the north to the south. The mountains of Phuket form the southern end of a mountain chain, which ranges for 440 km from the Kra Isthmus. The highest elevation of the whole Phuket chain is the Khao Phra Mi with an elevation of 1138 m, however the highest elevation on the island itself is Mai Tha Sip Song (Twelve Canes), at 529 m above sea level.

70% of the island is covered by forest. The western coast has several sandy beaches, while on the east coast are more muddy beaches. Nearly the southernmost point is Laem Promthep (Brahma's Cape), which is a popular sunset viewpoint.

In the mountainous north of the island is the Khao Phra Thaeo Wildlife Sanctuary, protecting more than 20 km² of rainforest. The three highest peaks of this reserve are the Khao Prathiu (384 m), Khao Bang Pae (388 m) and Khao Phara (422 m). The Sirinat National Park on the northwestern coast was established in 1981 and protects an area of 90 km² (68 km² marine area), including the Nai Yang beach where sea turtles lay their eggs.

The main tourist region in Phuket is Patong Beach, which also contains most of Phuket's nightlife and is the centre of cheap shopping on the island. Patong means "the forest fulled of Banana leaves" in Thai. Other popular beaches include Karon Beach, Kata Beach, Kata Noi Beach, Nai Harn Beach and Bang Tao Beach.

Phuket International Airport ranks second in the country in terms of passenger and cargo volume. Thanks to the fascinating tourist attractions including the world famous beaches in Phuket and the nearby provinces coupled with a complete range of tourist services, Phuket International Airport has welcomed millions of passengers each year. Most of whom are tourists coming from countries all over the world.

Phuket Airlines was founded in January 2001 in line with the Thai government's open sky policy.

Tony C, you must be a real blast to be around at a party. Why don't you try and pry that stick loose that Uncle Sam seems to have permanently jammed up your rear end?

It's been along time since I was in school, and Phuket looks funny to me also.

Lighten up man.

TonyC said:

Phuket Province

Geography

Holy $hit brother, way to turn innocent fun into a geography lesson:mad: !!! IT WAS A JOKE, get over it!! You really need to lighten up!!!!!! Why are you such a tight wad????

With everything going on I figured people could use a laugh??? Yes, I still think it looks funny!:p !!!!

I don't even agree with him, and I recognized the sarcasm. Apparently it was lost on you. ;)

The truth only hurts if it should.

Last edited:
VaB said:
I don't even agree with him, and I recognized the sarcasm. Apparently it was lost on you. ;)

The truth only hurts if it should.
That sure looks familiar. :)

I guess you're right.

I'm reminded of that phase of my childrens' lives when they discovered feces floating in the toilet after they had sat there for a while. It was amusing then, but they've grown out of it. ;)

I hear Phuket is a nice place to vacation. :)

VaB said:
Hey, you added this after I responded. (Well, OK, after I started to respond.)

My response may have been void of humor, but it wasn't sophomoric.

(BTW - - for those who don't know and are too lazy to look it up, sophomoric means "poorly informed and immature.")

:)

Latest resources

Back