I lost a friend today...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyby

Hi, I've read tributes to fallen pilots on here before... I never thought I'd be writing one. This morning a 402 crashed in Denton, TX. A good friend of mine was flying that plane. He frequented this board for advice on an interview he had recently.

You hear people say how good someone was after they're gone. There are few words good enough to describe the pilot of that plane... a truly amazing human being. Anyone who knew him knows what kind of a quality individual he was. What a tragic tragic loss.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

For those of you who only knew him from the board he went by Tetuay. A fine young man whose life ended too soon. He will be missed. Heartfelt condolences to his family.

"To fly west, my friend, is a flight we all must take for a final check." - Author unknown

Last edited:
My deepest condolences to his family and friends, such as yourself flyby. While I personally didn’t know the gentleman you’re speaking of, chances are our paths have crossed numerous times on APP frequency. I hear TexStar each evening I fly to and each morning I fly from DAL. In fact, depending on which FBO they use, I might have even scene him. It brings a tragedy such as this that much closer to home, certainly one that nobody needs, particularly at this time of year.

I am sorry for what happened this morning. I knew this man from my many stayovers in HOU with him at Fletchers. He was a wonderful guy and always happy.

Unfortunately i have the deep felt regret of hearing his last transmission this morning while i was leaving on my first leg. I recognized his voice from our many conversations in the recent past. I will never forget his exact words or his ask for approaches help, then nothing but silence and approach repeatedly calling for him.

God Bless him and his family.

I am saddened by your loss.

Perhaps the best requiem we can give is to learn from what caused his death.

I had the great pleasure to fly with him while he was instructing at Denton. Without a doubt, he had a passion for flying and was a great guy to fly with. He will be missed greatly. My sympathies and prayers go out to his family. God Bless you.

I've read many of Tetauy's posts. He mainly stayed on the interview side of the board, so I typically just lurked and learned. Seemed like a good guy.

Daamn. My prayers go out to his friends and family. Stay safe up there everyone.

Latest resources

Back