I just solo'ed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alin10123 said:
So... u guys wanted to hear about my checkride?

Anyways... thanks for everyone's support. Now only instrument, commercial, cfi, cfii, and cfi multi to go.

Now, my PPL checkride, THAT I remember. Negative G's, pencil floating mid-air, big trees in the windscreen, yeah, I remeber that one.

navigator72 said:
Congrats!

Very similar to the first time you have sex. You start off kind of nervous, not really knowing what to expect then you just when you start the get the hang of it...... It's all over and you walk away with a big grin of your face.

OMG that is so friggn funny. I am going to start using that one. :laugh:

UPDATE: Ok guys, this might have taken a little longer than expected, but my instrument checkride is coming up within the next week or two. Any advice or pointers?

Also... this might be jumping the gun, but is it cheaper to get my commercial multi and then get a single add-on? or should i get the single first and then get the multi add-on?

Is there a minimum amount of hours required for a multi engine? Seems like most flight school require 50 hours of multiengine before they let you rent those planes.

thanks

Congrats!!:beer: Do they still cut the back out of your shirt and put it on the wall with the date of solo?
Alin10123 said:
Hey guys,
Not to cause a big fuss. I just did my first solo today! I'm so excited. I thought my heart was going to be pounding like crazy. But it wasn't. It only got slightly faster and once i was off of the ground i looked around and thought "hmm, i kind of like this".

I did 3 times full stop around the pattern. First landing was a slight bounce, 2nd was really good, but third had a crosswind pickup and was drifting slightly on the touchdown. But all in all... i am very excited. I actually wanted to go for a 4th time around so that i could get a perfect landing in there but i figured i'd better not. It was getting dark and my instructor specifically said 3 times. Good thing i didn't go for the 4th, he was back at the school with a handheld listening to me. So... if i had gone he would've known. lol

Cross country stuff next...

Eeer... my solo was like 8 months ago. lol
Somebody didn't pay attention to the date that was posted.
I'm close to my IFR checkride.

Sooo friggin' true!!!

navigator72 said:
Congrats!

Very similar to the first time you have sex. You start off kind of nervous, not really knowing what to expect then you just when you start the get the hang of it...... It's all over and you walk away with a big grin of your face.

Congrats Alin on your metoric rise into the pilot ranks! I find this quote to be oh-so-true!:laugh: Its been 21 years since my first solo and I still remember every detail. Afraid I've forgotten more about the first time I got laid (which happened much earlier) than about my first solo. Hehe.

Good luck to you on your instrument check ride. Please keep us posted.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back