I just shorted some UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
buy stop is at 7% loss point

328M shares outstanding, I don't see a "gap up" next morning in this sector unless huge overnight drop in oil.

With a 7% risk on this stock, I agree the chances of a gap that will exceed the stop is pretty much in Black Swan territory.

Just curious if you've borrowed the shares to short or if you're using options as the tool.

Another double edged sword (aren't they all?) using options but it does give one a lot of leverage with a pre-defined risk total.

With a 7% risk on this stock, I agree the chances of a gap that will exceed the stop is pretty much in Black Swan territory.

Just curious if you've borrowed the shares to short or if you're using options as the tool.

Another double edged sword (aren't they all?) using options but it does give one a lot of leverage with a pre-defined risk total.

no options just shares

Never take flying advice from a doctor, or investment advice from a pilot. Enough said.

...edit.. The chart didn't quite come out like I expected!

The puts are much safer if you don't want to lose your shirt. But then again...financial advice from a pilot is worse than marital advice from a pilot.

Just shorted some UAL stock, at 19.52. Oil prices, etc causing majors to tank (stock prices).

Lets see what happens.

Comments wanted

Up to 21.38 (4% today). LOL........

Oil will fall as tensions wain.

Also when the fed increases interest rates (and the must) speculating in the oil market gets really expensive,and will further drive the price of oil down and airline stocks up.

Furthermore, fare increases are sticking, business demand is back, and there is, to- date little negative effect of this burble in the crude market. Of course that can change depending on world affairs. The reality is that after the summer months I would expect oil to settle below 85 per bbl.

In contrast I bought about 10K shares of an unnamed stock after the hits of the last few weeks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back