• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I just shorted some UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait till the news comes out on the 1quarter earnings and forecasts for the rest of 2011 (they should post it around the end of 3rd week of April i think).. you will definitelly see a big difference in your portfolio then. Good luck though

Wait till the news comes out on the 1quarter earnings and forecasts for the rest of 2011 (they should post it around the end of 3rd week of April i think).. you will definitelly see a big difference in your portfolio then. Good luck though

AMR and DAL are set for 04/20. That should give us an idea how things will turn out.

Look up "Long Strangle" and use options on a stock if you think it is going to jump, but not sure which way. I just read about it the other day and am currently paper-trading the strategy through earnings reports right now with as many companies as I can research.

Make sure you have a volatile stock though, and use earnings as the catalyst to give it a good kick.

BBBY (Bed Bath & Beyond) 150% profits in 1 day.
AA (Alcoa) 87% profits in 1 day.

Good luck Satpak77, I see UAL down $.33 today.:beer:

Last edited:
I also have a decent idea what the earnings forecasts are going to be. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that. Over a year ago the IATA was already predicting a flat year.

lets monitor it. Within the context of the overall market picture which is flat and inclined to turn bearish and the high oil prices, I am still short.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back