Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I just read AS may be adding SEA to Tampa, New Orleans, and Detroit!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand it but our CEO loves AMR.. This one really puzzles me.

Me too. AA used to have a 777 from SEA to NRT awhile ago, and I guess there are some good connection hubs in ORD and DFW (soon PHX, PHL, etc). But other than that, I don't know. There is no room at terminal 4 in LAX for you to park, and I've heard rumors that you guys are leaving 6 maybe and going back North to terminal 2 possibly. That's not close to AA/US at LAX either.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It doesn't puzzle me at all..delta told us to go f ourselves so we are going to focus on our other large Codeshare partner..who we have been partners with longer than delta..

Ugh- bc a move to terminal 2 wouldn't feed rumors of a SWA/AK merger...
:-/

Last edited:
It doesn't puzzle me at all..delta told us to go f ourselves so we are going to focus on our other large Codeshare partner..who we have been partners with longer than delta..

Well alrighty then..... I think maybe you having too many "best friends" lead to that supposed conversation...

Bye Bye---General Lee

AMR is set to trade out a NEO ORDER for Max's and swap out 330's and a 350 order for 787-900s. For this they will get AS to join Oneworld and recieve a strong west coast and pacific partner. If the numbers get worked out should be done soon...Could also fall apart. Laugh all you want I think this is really about done. I think RA even thinks so and this is why he has made 3 offers for AS over the last 8 mo's...

AMR is set to trade out a NEO ORDER for Max's and swap out 330's and a 350 order for 787-900s. For this they will get AS to join Oneworld and recieve a strong west coast and pacific partner. If the numbers get worked out should be done soon...Could also fall apart. Laugh all you want I think this is really about done. I think RA even thinks so and this is why he has made 3 offers for AS over the last 8 mo's...

To make any of this successful, you would have to have a "strong partner" in AA, and with their history of employee integration (US/AWA and AA with everyone else they merged with), it may take awhile to get any synergies. It may take years. DL's smooth merger has put them well ahead of the pack.

Then look at management teams. Parker couldn't resolve anything at US, tried to buy DL in BK and failed, and has had personal demons. RA on the other hand, has done very well turning DL into a profit machine, cut debt, thought outside the box (oil refinery), and is well liked by employees and Wall St.

I don't know about your assertion that DL wanted to hook up with you guys 3 times is true or not , but you very well may have picked the wrong "friend" to hang out with.

Emirite? I think so....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Unfortunately I don't get a vote.. If I had one I think the safest choice would have been Delta. For some reason our board likes a whole different path with significant risk. I only want to collect a check every couple of weeks and have a reasonable schedule. If AS ends up pulling off this purchase, swap, and rebrand... then all I can do is hope for the best. Maybe it's the wrong "friend"... Might just be an incredible opportunity for all us losers who could have never gotten hired at a real airline.

Latest resources

Back