Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I just read AS may be adding SEA to Tampa, New Orleans, and Detroit!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uhhhh, do you have 25 million members? I didn't think so. Did you make $1.3 billion in one quarter last year? How about all of last year? I didn't think so. Remember, a lot of this that has happened is because you guys couldn't pick one friend to be loyal to, and that may have been a big mistake on your part. But, the DL pilots thank you A LOT!

What's great is that your mileage plan members will now get a choice in SEA. And many of those airlines above don't go to SEA (Cathay, Qantas, LAN, etc) adding another obstacle in convenience for the busy business guy and his family. Nah, they want seamless travel on one airline....

Bye Bye---General Lee

It doesn't matter how many total members you have or that you finally had a good year.

Let's say you're a frequent flyer living in SEA (I think DL calls them HVCs). You could join Delta's FF program and only earn and redeam miles on Skyteam members or you could join Alaska's mileage plan. On Alaska's plan you can earn miles on not only Alaska, but Delta, AA, and half of both Skyteam and Oneworld. By Alaska not declaring their loyalty to DL, we're able to offer miles and redemption on multiple airlines with multiple alliances. You say HVCs want seamless travel on one airline. Code sharing ensures seamless. I'm pretty sure passengers don't care about one airline, unless you are Singapore Airlines or some other top airline (not you Delta).

Uhhhh, do you have 25 million members? I didn't think so. Did you make $1.3 billion in one quarter last year? How about all of last year? I didn't think so. Remember, a lot of this that has happened is because you guys couldn't pick one friend to be loyal to, and that may have been a big mistake on your part. But, the DL pilots thank you A LOT!

Ah I think the better question to ask is... Have we ever been in bankruptcy or have we ever lost billions in just one quarter. You must have amnesia.. Emirite

You might have your chance eventually . I hope not, but you never know....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how many total members you have or that you finally had a good year.

Let's say you're a frequent flyer living in SEA (I think DL calls them HVCs). You could join Delta's FF program and only earn and redeam miles on Skyteam members or you could join Alaska's mileage plan. On Alaska's plan you can earn miles on not only Alaska, but Delta, AA, and half of both Skyteam and Oneworld. By Alaska not declaring their loyalty to DL, we're able to offer miles and redemption on multiple airlines with multiple alliances. You say HVCs want seamless travel on one airline. Code sharing ensures seamless. I'm pretty sure passengers don't care about one airline, unless you are Singapore Airlines or some other top airline (not you Delta).

So, you can stay in the same terminal going to Australia on Qantas? That is called seamless. You are a niche airline with bigger partners that actually offer the choices. Your hometown status will be challenged, and that makes you nervous. That is understandable.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So, you can stay in the same terminal going to Australia on Qantas? That is called seamless. You are a niche airline with bigger partners that actually offer the choices. Your hometown status will be challenged, and that makes you nervous. That is understandable.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not really. We'll just keep on doing what we are doing. I think its Delta that is nervous. Nervous enough they brought in a VP to Seattle. This is make or break for Delta. They have to get this feed. Alaska has enough dance partners (American namely) to be OK. You should try worrying about yourself and if your VP can pull off this JNU mess and work a bunch of RJs with Skywest. Good luck!

Not really. We'll just keep on doing what we are doing. I think its Delta that is nervous. Nervous enough they brought in a VP to Seattle. This is make or break for Delta. They have to get this feed. Alaska has enough dance partners (American namely) to be OK. You should try worrying about yourself and if your VP can pull off this JNU mess and work a bunch of RJs with Skywest. Good luck!

No, bringing a VP means things are "serious", as in big investment. How is that "make or break?" Huh? DL is in the process of transferring the NRT hub to SEA, doing more point to point to Asia instead of hubbing through NRT. They will converge flights from all over the US to SEA, to feed Widebody INTL flights, not just to Asia but also Amsterdam, Paris, and London Heathrow. They USED TO give you guys the feed, but that is changing. There are a few other VP's of cities for DL, like one in NYC. Have you seen the expansion there? DL has 52% of all slots at LGA, and just completed a new $2 billion terminal at JFK. Uhhhhhh, it's serious.....

And have you seen your own SKW flights adding up at SEA? I think you just added OMA (????) and COS with them. How many more can they add? What is your scope? The reason DL is adding E175s out West is because they are being bumped out of DTW by mainline 717s coming in. I hope someday they add some to SEA, to go up against your RJs. Luckily for you the Dashes are leaving SEA, but oooops, they are heading for ANC... The DL JNU flight should be interesting, and the locals and plenty of DL connections in SEA will appreciate it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, bringing a VP means things are "serious", as in big investment. How is that "make or break?" Huh? DL is in the process of transferring the NRT hub to SEA, doing more point to point to Asia instead of hubbing through NRT. They will converge flights from all over the US to SEA, to feed Widebody INTL flights, not just to Asia but also Amsterdam, Paris, and London Heathrow. They USED TO give you guys the feed, but that is changing. There are a few other VP's of cities for DL, like one in NYC. Have you seen the expansion there? DL has 52% of all slots at LGA, and just completed a new $2 billion terminal at JFK. Uhhhhhh, it's serious.....

And have you seen your own SKW flights adding up at SEA? I think you just added OMA (????) and COS with them. How many more can they add? What is your scope? The reason DL is adding E175s out West is because they are being bumped out of DTW by mainline 717s coming in. I hope someday they add some to SEA, to go up against your RJs. Luckily for you the Dashes are leaving SEA, but oooops, they are heading for ANC... The DL JNU flight should be interesting, and the locals and plenty of DL connections in SEA will appreciate it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I can't really have an intelligent debate with you as you never learn. I have beat the Skywest thing to death with you. Don't you read???? I think the AAG owns 6 CRJs that would otherwise be sitting in the desert having payments made on them. Our scope on RJs is not the problem. Our scope is a problem if we acquire something larger.

Don't be mistaken or consumed with arrogance. This is a BIG make or break for Delta. They have to have feed or they start bleeding big time. They need organic feed as well as code-share feed. Good luck getting the gates for all that organic feed. There is a lot of competition for them and Delta is not the only game in town.

I can't really have an intelligent debate with you as you never learn. I have beat the Skywest thing to death with you. Don't you read???? I think the AAG owns 6 CRJs that would otherwise be sitting in the desert having payments made on them. Our scope on RJs is not the problem. Our scope is a problem if we acquire something larger.

Don't be mistaken or consumed with arrogance. This is a BIG make or break for Delta. They have to have feed or they start bleeding big time. They need organic feed as well as code-share feed. Good luck getting the gates for all that organic feed. There is a lot of competition for them and Delta is not the only game in town.

And you don't think DL has thought through this? Really? I do think you are nervous. DL has the money and resources , and the SEA airport wants more INTL flights for the revenue. The VP there is busy getting corporate contracts and sponsoring teams like the Seahawks.

Adding E175s on some CA routes may not seem like a big deal now, but it may be setting up for larger planes, and that monopoly you once had may not be there eventually. You are limited by the planes you fly, range wise. You don't have hubs anywhere else but the West Coast. (SLC???). It will be interesting....

And intelligent debates mean not getting upset.

Bye Bye---General Lee

not getting upset.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Not getting upset, for you means, proper medication combinations. We have all seen what happens when your mom doesn't keep your on your meds on schedule....

And you don't think DL has thought through this? Really? I do think you are nervous. DL has the money and resources , and the SEA airport wants more INTL flights for the revenue. The VP there is busy getting corporate contracts and sponsoring teams like the Seahawks.

Adding E175s on some CA routes may not seem like a big deal now, but it may be setting up for larger planes, and that monopoly you once had may not be there eventually. You are limited by the planes you fly, range wise. You don't have hubs anywhere else but the West Coast. (SLC???). It will be interesting....

And intelligent debates mean not getting upset.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow! Sponsoring the SeaHawks! Alaska is done.

Intelligent debates happen when you don't purposely peddle inflammatory information that is untrue. Information that has been explained to you a multitude of times. It has nothing to do with getting upset, it is about moving forward and not having to put the gear shift in reverser to explain things to you over and over again.

Anyway, to backpedal again: I wish Delta well. They need both organic airlift and cheaper code-share to get the feed to expand Seattle. They need gates that are not yet available. I want Delta to expand Seattle because that means more business for Alaska. It means more jobs for Alaska pilots and Delta pilots. It means more money for both airlines. Everyone wins. I don't think Delta's intent is to put Alaska out of business. They like the cheaper codeshare but they are going to have to compete to get the organic feed established. There is more than enough business to go around. In addition, I think Juneau was a tactical mistake that will be short-lived unless you get the RNP. It's not just as simple as issuing green pages either. As for Alaska's placement of Rjs, Q400s and 737s on routes, you should not worry about that unless you are going to do the homework to find out what is really going on.

Latest resources

Back