Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I just read AS may be adding SEA to Tampa, New Orleans, and Detroit!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think JNU is gonna happen .for delta .. . I think that delta will come up with bs lawsuit / excuse that Alaska is prohibiting us from competing .. And thats how they will save face by pulling out before it starts .. And since JNU can't be found on a map by most people that's where it will end .. Kind of quietly and disappearing into the darkness

When you didn't go to these new cities (SLC-SJC???), and you didn't have a challenge in SEA....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I wouldn't worry so much about the SLC flights not making sense. If it makes more sense to you, think about it as an addition to our destinations offered from SJC, SAN etc. SLC has been a large hole in the Alaska network for a long time.

That's correct, although I don't think only Delta has figured that out. Alaska has lots of places for them to go with direct service. Cancun was always full, but the revenue wasn't there. In guessing people didn't want to spend any more to go there over the rest of our destinations in mexico that we have a lot more flights into and therefore able to keep the total cost of the operation lower. Cancun may make more sense then others for Delta for the exact same reason.

Well, you do a lot of Hawaii, and that is good for your frequent flyers. NWA used to do SEA to OGG and KOA (mainly a fuel stop for the 757-300 on return), which hopefully DL will reinstate. A second HNL nonstop daily will occur this upcoming Winter, a daytime trip. Those types of flights may not be as profitable, but necessary.

Still, my point was your company is adding cities that seem interesting, and we'll have to see if DTW, TPA, or any of the new SLC routes does well enough to stick around. DL added more cities that were "seasonal", probably because DL can shift planes around to other parts of the country or hubs if needed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yep, I think some if the SLC flying is using jets that were otherwise RON so they aren't using a lot of resources to do it. In fact it may even increase crew productivity by adding another short leg to the day, much like Southwest. I think Alaska has stayed out of the market as an unspoken agreement with Delta, but that has obviously changed with Delta building up SEA domestically.

I wouldn't worry so much about the SLC flights not making sense. If it makes more sense to you, think about it as an addition to our destinations offered from SJC, SAN etc. SLC has been a large hole in the Alaska network for a long time.

Ah, I don't know about that. SLC has been a connecting hub that competed with DEN to cities in Montana, Colorado, SD, ND, etc. SLC itself has some O&D due to Winter Skiing etc, but it's not a huge city.

Let's see if you guys can fill daily flights without connections. One thing is good for DL pilots though, because of your move, DL will increase the size of the SLC hub by 8%. That's good, and building the SEA hub up internally also is awesome.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, I understand that. But, DL figured something else out, you have to reward your best customers with places that they want to take their families on vacation too. If you want business customer loyalty, a reward for that loyalty pays off in the end. Kinda like adding JNU in the Summer. You'd think CUN would fit that mold from SEA in the Winter. Oh well, maybe DL will add that next Winter....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Alaska's mileage plan has been ranked time and time again above its peers.

I'm pretty sure our best customers feel rewarded by being able to take their families anywhere our mileage partners fly:

Aeromexico
Air France
American Airlines
British Airways
Cathay Pacific
Delta Air Lines
Emirates
Era Alaska
Fiji Airways
KLM
Korean
LAN
Penair
Qantas

Does that cover enough of the globe for you? I'd venture to guess that our mileage plan members have as much choice, if not more choice, since they don't need to stick to one global alliance.

At least our frequent flyers don't refer to our miles as SkyPesos.

Alaska's mileage plan has been ranked time and time again above its peers.

I'm pretty sure our best customers feel rewarded by being able to take their families anywhere our mileage partners fly:

Aeromexico
Air France
American Airlines
British Airways
Cathay Pacific
Delta Air Lines
Emirates
Era Alaska
Fiji Airways
KLM
Korean
LAN
Penair
Qantas

Does that cover enough of the globe for you? I'd venture to guess that our mileage plan members have as much choice, if not more choice, since they don't need to stick to one global alliance.

At least our frequent flyers don't refer to our miles as SkyPesos.

Uhhhh, do you have 25 million members? I didn't think so. Did you make $1.3 billion in one quarter last year? How about all of last year? I didn't think so. Remember, a lot of this that has happened is because you guys couldn't pick one friend to be loyal to, and that may have been a big mistake on your part. But, the DL pilots thank you A LOT!

What's great is that your mileage plan members will now get a choice in SEA. And many of those airlines above don't go to SEA (Cathay, Qantas, LAN, etc) adding another obstacle in convenience for the busy business guy and his family. Nah, they want seamless travel on one airline....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Uhhhh, do you have 25 million members? I didn't think so. Did you make $1.3 billion in one quarter last year? How about all of last year? I didn't think so. Remember, a lot of this that has happened is because you guys couldn't pick one friend to be loyal to, and that may have been a big mistake on your part. But, the DL pilots thank you A LOT!

Ah I think the better question to ask is... Have we ever been in bankruptcy or have we ever lost billions in just one quarter. You must have amnesia.. Emirite

Latest resources

Back