• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I just lost my Fortune 500 job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with Luke and Tin - big time. If you think that you are fat, comfortable, and secure you may be in for a rude awakening. I work for a Fortune 70ish flight department now for the past 8 years. I previously thought that I could and would be here for a very long time but now I'm not so sure. I had a close friend in the business world that always told me that I should constantly be in a state of evaluation - both personally and professionally. This means IMHO as a pilot that resumes and logbooks need to be current if they are not and that networking is huge. There are some jobs out there and in fact some very good ones. Having a network will help to put some of those contacts in your lap.

I too have been looking for quite sometime. It has ranged from no reply to several job offers. Do you take them? Curious dillema.

It is a roll of the dice. History has showed that this is a bit cyclical. Thats fine but I can do without the trauma.

Keep the faith boys

Well said Cat.

Barney Frank ought to stick to doin' Freddie in the Fannie. If there was a louder call to look into his own malfeasance, perhaps he would actually keep his mouth shut for a while.

How do we make enough noise to make people look at his faggety ass in a different way, I am willing to help. If thins keep going the way they are, people loosing more and more rights, the only way to change things will be with pitchforks and torches.

Anyone read up on the new Energy "CZAR" Carol Browner? She is hard core communist and also one of the writers of the revised "Fairness Doctrine."

TARP rules agaisnt bizav might have been a Democratic thing, but this LASP nonsense falls squarely on our outgoing administration.

I HOPE some wealthy somebody somewhere has enough of Obama's ear (or the folks within his administration) to get that m-f'in proposal killed.

How do we make enough noise to make people look at his faggety ass in a different way, I am willing to help. If thins keep going the way they are, people loosing more and more rights, the only way to change things will be with pitchforks and torches.

Anyone read up on the new Energy "CZAR" Carol Browner? She is hard core communist and also one of the writers of the revised "Fairness Doctrine."

Don't even get me started on the Prez elect's environmental gang from the "left coast". Even if Barney gets his TARP agenda axed we will all be paying "carbon offsets" equal to (and addition to) current fuel taxes. Here's to a bright future....not.

Did no one read the link that I posted, the bill failed, at least the part with the aircraft removal plan!
Business aviation groups are breathing a collective sigh of relief with the news late Tuesday that Congress has dropped a provision from a business assistance plan that would have required companies to get rid of their aircraft to qualify for relief. In a last-minute revision, Congress agreed to drop an amendment that would have required companies applying for help under the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP) to divest themselves of corporate aircraft. "Congress has clearly recognized that it is important to provide Americans with strong oversight of the federal dollars in the TARP program, but that the language addressing business aviation had the potential to fuel job losses for countless people in the general aviation community," said NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen. "We thank Congress for recognizing the importance of general aviation to companies and communities across the country with the elimination of this onerous requirement from the TARP proposal."
Although NBAA, the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) and other groups were lobbying furiously to get the language out of the bill, Bolen said it was members who made the difference by contacting their elected representatives directly. "NBAA has long said that efforts by the association in Washington are most effective if its members also reach out to Congress," Bolen told NBAA members in an e-mail message today. "Today's outcome shows that our members' direct participation can make a difference."

fortune 500

start by letting everyone know when we fly some of these tards on either corporate or charter. They seem to think the rules are for everyone else but not for them. Take pictures of these nobs when we we them at the airports and send it to the media and even the TMZ folks. Put it right back on their desk - my guess is things will start to go back to it's proper orbit. I saw Brother Gore force himself on a jet awaiting him at IAD - my God the APU was even running spewing pounds upon pounds of toxic hoo haa into the atmosphere. Imagine if that video got released to the media....the horror.

I just have had about enough of these "tards on the hill" having both sides of the coin all the time.
BTW - how the hell does Barney get reelected?

Rant over - I feel much better now

The same way Senator Harkin of Iowa get's re-elected while his wife sit's on the board of Conoco Philips.....Money.

TARP rules agaisnt bizav might have been a Democratic thing, but this LASP nonsense falls squarely on our outgoing administration.

I HOPE some wealthy somebody somewhere has enough of Obama's ear (or the folks within his administration) to get that m-f'in proposal killed.

What is LASP?

Latest resources

Back