I just bought a 20% stake in Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I was on the airliners.net forums about Mesa.

One of the posters mentioned that for $330 per airliners.net registered user, they could buy Mesa and then they'd actually OWN an airline, and not just get to talk about them and take photos.

Last I saw it was at $.73.

cliff
YIP

Total market cap down to $21 million, a third of what it was three weeks ago. Much lower and the stock may get delisted. I doubt there is much chance they could raise the $37 million they need to pay the note through a stock sale ( who would buy it?) and I doubt further that creditors would be willing to accept stock in lieu of cash given the circumstances.

Before long creditor and vendors may cut them off and then they would be toast.

The question becomes who could take up the flying on short notice? I may buy some ExpressJet sock.

announced today.

"It's the smaller companies with less cash that are more at risk of facing new cash withholding rules, analysts say. On Friday, Calyon's Neidl dropped coverage of Mesa Air Group Inc., citing its small capitalization."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080411/airlines_outlook.html?.v=11

I hope their not serious

Hi!

I was on the airliners.net forums about Mesa.

One of the posters mentioned that for $330 per airliners.net registered user, they could buy Mesa and then they'd actually OWN an airline, and not just get to talk about them and take photos.

Last I saw it was at $.73.

cliff
YIP

I hope that group of arm chair CEO's aren't seriously tooling around that idea! Talk a about a cluster ufck of an airline. The first order of business would be a nasty brawl over what type of burned out planes they would operate and whose service they would try to emulate...Oh, did I mention you would have a bunch of 15 year olds running the show...:erm:

PS: Cliff I like that chick in ur avatar. She looks like she'd be an interesting date...

Last edited:
Hi!

The chick with "An axe to grind" (Hahahaha!) is Keira Knightly.

cliff
YIP

and three 3years of work is about 1/3 the time it will take you to upgrade ;) POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

I still don't understand this mentality... do you REALLY think Mesa is the only airline out there with a one year upgrade?

One year upgrade is not a good thing. A lot of captain upgrades at mesa are failing their checkrides. I am glad MY LAST DAY IS IN 2 WEEKS, good luck to the pilots!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back