• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I hear-by challenge general lee:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Southwest is 70% hedged right now. Plus the fact they make very few lease payment might have something to do with profitablity as well. (over 80% of the airframes are owned out right.

To contrast, look at USair. Absolutely ZERO fuel hedging, they've been paying spot prices on fuel this whole time. Delta and most other majors try to tame the volitility which is smart.

I've never seen any legacy carriers really turn any plane that fast, maybe if they are running late but not routinely. Most Delta domestic turns are planned at over 1hr (Hub and spoke), sometimes 1.5hrs. With short turn times like SW, you get more efficiency out of the planes and the gates. I would say that's a definable value. Southwest will sometimes turn 3 planes at one gate in the time it takes a legacy to get one out. Big difference in gate/space use.

I've gone to a Southwest gate thinking my flight was already boarding, but it was actually the flight just prior to mine. And the next plane is due in within 10 minutes. Amazing how it all comes together.

TO A DUAL:

Right now DAL has 383 narrow bodys. I declare that by May 1, 2014, you will be down by 10%.

If I am right, you shall surrender all rights to participate in FI activities FOREVER.

If I am wrong, I shall surrender all rights to participate in FI activities FOREVER.

WHAT SAY YOU.....

What kind of turd starts a thread gleefully proclaiming another airline will shrink. That's families hurt and everything else that goes with it. I guess you guys revel in that.

Nice work whateveraburger.

Last edited:
It will go smooth General, and there most likely be less narrowbody Delta planes in 2014 because of it..

RF

Does your male f/a boyfriend know you talk so much smack about his employer (DAL)?
I understand how angry you are. Your 5 year captain seat just got leached by a 3 year Air Tran f/o, who BTW, didn't have to pay for HIS/HER job!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back