• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I hear-by challenge general lee:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely no crow OYS. A little worried about the loads to Asia this summer? I would be if I were you, they suck dude..get used to it, I've seen the numbers. Radioactive Japan is not going to get better over the next three months.

I pointed out ONE flight that had 40% passenger load on a 14+ hour flight and your trying to claim some kind of victory with that? You obviously didn't go to business school.

Here's a hint...that doesn't make money for Delta and there's more pain for the next 3 months, at a minimum. Need me to pull flight loads for June and July? Do you really want me to prove you wrong?

Do people really buy tickets 2 or 3 months out now? I wouldn't. I would wait until about a month out and then go on the internet. I think most people do that, right? But, fuel hikes have been bringing prices up, and then add all of the other fees. People who travel that far often bring big bags, and that means fees. Southwest is currently missing out on that revenue stream, which they may change if Airtran becomes costlier than originally thought. What are your loads in September? How about early October? I bet they aren't great. DO YOU REALLY WANT ME TO PROVE YOU WRONG? You sound desperate.

OYS

I understand advanced bookings, just to be clear..

On the 29th, there were two flights. The first booked to 258 out of 393, or 65% load.

The second was 75 out of 393, or 19% load. Combine the two for 42% load factor for the day.

Just like 5/2, 22% load. The ADVANCED bookings for June and July look just as bad.

Is that clear enough. Let me bottom line it for you, if Delta isn't running close to and average 80% load on these long legs, they are losing money.

This WILL effect the second quarter. No question. OYS and Gen don't think it will. We'll see in 90 days.

Incorrect. The second flight had 35 out of 60 full up front, and 305 out of 328 full in the back. I checked it last night. Also, you know nothing about cargo and how it pays for most of the flight. So, we will see in 90 days, and you will be eating crow, again.

OYS

Incorrect. The second flight had 35 out of 60 full up front, and 305 out of 328 full in the back. I checked it last night. Also, you know nothing about cargo and how it pays for most of the flight. So, we will see in 90 days, and you will be eating crow, again.

OYS

My bad OYS, the first flight was booked to 135 out of 393 for a 34 percent load factor. How is that 2-3 months out? That's NOW.

Good luck for the second quarter of 2011, you're gonna need it.

RF

I'm still waiting for the General to seriously respond to this call out. Kinda seems like he's a little worried about the narrow body numbers in ATL, can't say I blame him though.

My bad OYS, the first flight was booked to 135 out of 393 for a 34 percent load factor. How is that 2-3 months out? That's NOW.

Good luck for the second quarter of 2011, you're gonna need it.

RF

For the third time, that flight was a pop-up extra flight to get an airplane to Asia because the flight the day before was cancelled. Most of the pax would have been put on other flights so it went out mostly empty. You don't seem to have very good reading comprehension or something...I just explained this a few posts up. I don't even have a dog in this fight as I don't work for either company, but I'm just laughing at your argument which has the credibility of a 3rd grader.

Loads to Asia in the next few months look normal. This far out, nothing is full yet. Look at the stuff in the next few weeks and you will see it is full. Of course, not if you're reading the chart backwards again like you were yesterday when you were posting a reply with inverse load information.

Good. Because I'm done with this thread. The proof will be in the 2nd quarter results for Delta. You can pretty much quote Anderson as saying the low yeild in the Asia market hurt the bottom line for the 2nd quarter.

Red,

While GL and OYS are annoying, you seem to have some deep seated issues with Delta. Did you get turned down or possibly former asa/cmr? The latter seem to have a major chip. Furthermore, does your boyfriend FA know that you are using his deltanet password to check loads? I think what some of y'all (swa) are missing is why some are chiming in on your merger. Personally I did not like the way the nAAtives talked about and treat the Twa employees. As former NWA I did not like the drivel spouted from some of my new Delta brothers either. Y'all have always seemed to be a overall hardworking/fun group. I think your time at the top (no one stays there long) has gone to some of your heads. Just my opinion but I bet it is mostly junior capts. and mid to senior Fos talking the most smack. Reality is that the larger swa got and the slowing of growth have slowed a lot of the progression traditionally had at swa. I think some on here feel that the 5-7 year upgrades can be revived for your side with a sli that heavily favors your side to the detriment of the AT capts. I understand your angst. You were hired at a company that has historically upgraded in the 5-7 year range, and my guess is that is what you were promised. That has changed as y'all have run out of the easy growth of yesteryear. Also, with the best contract out there now (including FAs, Mx, and I would guess rampers also) along with the pillaging of the legacies have brought our cost much closer. Don't forget the winding down of the awesome hedges of a few years ago. Long story short is the quick upgrades were over and now you and others want to improve your career on the backs of the AT capts. It is human nature, but y'all don't have to be such dicks to your future co-workers. Take the high ground, keep your mouth shut and classily accept the negotiated/arbitrated list and enjoy your days at the top. It won't last forever and the ride down is not fun.

Good. Because I'm done with this thread. The proof will be in the 2nd quarter results for Delta. You can pretty much quote Anderson as saying the low yeild in the Asia market hurt the bottom line for the 2nd quarter.

Cobra as a SWA guy there is a lot of truth in your summary. It can be hard to fly with a small percentage of pilots at any company. Give them a keyboard and you get Internet diarrhea. This fighting is useless. No one talks like this to anyone in person.

Latest resources

Back