• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I Have Had it With LodgeX!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You had your opportunity to vote for a union and have someone to complain to over the summer.

The Colgan Pilot group has NO RIGHT to complain over anything. Go to Walmart, get some KY and get ready to take it.

Nothing personally against you Shy, no idea how you voted, but your pilot group as a hole deserves NOTHING.

First, as a whole there are a lot of us that voted in favor of the union. Secondly Lodge X is all over the industry in both union and non-union shops so it probably wouldn't matter. The way you used hole applies more to an anatomical feature that describes what your comment makes you look like.

Apparently I've been living under a rock, cause I've NEVER heard o this. What is the program, you show up and they put you in whatever hotel has rooms that night? You don't even know where you're going? wtf?

We have very few overnights, and I think the kinks have been worked out for those cities that have scheduled overnights. The problem comes when it isn't a regularly scheduled overnight (TDY/weather or mech. cx).

Scheduling is so far behind in requesting a hotel room (they don't request it until you are ready to leave the airport), then LodgeX takes their time trying to find a room. LodgeX doesn't look at where the hotel actually is (they have booked rooms in a different city 30-40 minutes away) or whether there is any transportation available to/from the hotel.

By the way, if you are TDY, don't trust your schedule if there is a hotel listed, this is not always the correct hotel and doesn't even guarantee that a reservation has been made.

We have very few overnights, and I think the kinks have been worked out for those cities that have scheduled overnights. The problem comes when it isn't a regularly scheduled overnight (TDY/weather or mech. cx).
True. That's what happened all over the East coast last night, and I was one of the poor bass-turds left sitting at the airport.

Scheduling is so far behind in requesting a hotel room (they don't request it until you are ready to leave the airport), then LodgeX takes their time trying to find a room. LodgeX doesn't look at where the hotel actually is (they have booked rooms in a different city 30-40 minutes away) or whether there is any transportation available to/from the hotel.
Right again, 20 minute van ride...

By the way, if you are TDY, don't trust your schedule if there is a hotel listed, this is not always the correct hotel and doesn't even guarantee that a reservation has been made.
Are you following me around? That's what happened on my last pairing. I sat in the hotel lobby for only 45 minutes while we all waited for a fax from LodgeX. The hotel manager was so sweet, she kept checking on me and offering to call company so I could just get into a room. I knew that would set someone off over there, so I just hung tight and ate as much fruit from the basket in the lobby as I could in 45 minutes. They had to refill it twice. HA! Plenty of fiber in that next movement, if you catch my drift.

I don't know how they expect to keep a union off the property by handling things this way. It's going to happen! Unless there is a significant change in attitude at management (riiiiiight), a significant raise on the pay scale for the Q (or at least the promise thereof when we get a contract for more than the initial 15... riiiiiight), and a big change with crew scheduling (riiiiiight); then we're going to see someone (ALPA, Teamsters, IPA<--HAHAHA! RIIIIIIIGHT) on campus before the year is out.

Shy

LODGE X NUMBER IS........(drumroll)

(952) 767-8000

Just tell them who you are and who you work for and what you need.....Then prepare to be yelled at by Jackie. HAHAHAHAHA!

Latest resources

Back