I have an interview with UPS Aug. 9th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congratulations!

Is your interview for a line position or management? They are very different interviews. For the line interview, be yourself. It's about as informal as I've seen; one HR person and one management pilot, going through your resume/background, lasts about a half-hour. The second portion is a sim in a fixed based trainer. You get 30 min to an hour to study a binder that shows the takeoff and landing profiles. If they give you any instruction in the sim, take it...I think that's a part of the evaluation. It lasts 30-45 minutes. Your interview is scored and you are placed in the pool accordingly.

I'm sure if you did a search on here you'll find a ton of info. Highly recommend AlbieF15s interview prep to polish your interview skills. You can find him at emeraldcoastinterviewconsulting.com.

Good luck!

I'm trying to gauge what is competitive at UPS these days. One internal reccomendation and 6500TT with 1600PIC turbojet. Target near, target far?

Interviewed at UPS last year. 30 minute sim ride (mine 707) which was pretty much a takeoff into the pattern for an ILS. Sim went great, then to the interview. The HR gal was great, friendly etc, the managment pilot was all over my #$$ about every little thing I said. I left knowing that I had wasted my $$ flying in for the interview. Lo and behold....to my great surprise, about 2 weeks later got a call asking me to return for the medical and then to start in the next class.

I'm not sure if they were doing the good cop/bad cop routine, but it sure left a poor impression with me. In the end, I turned down the job offer. That being said, I have some great friends who work there and really enjoy it, and everyone I spoke with raved about living in Louisville.

So, the moral of the story, learn about the company and keep your cool if things start getting a bit crazy. Worked for me.

Best of luck to you.
EP

ups job

El pobre...

Just curious, where are you working that you turned down a ups job? Maybe I want to go there too if it's that good a deal...

Aviator7576

PS P3 guy here (back in the day when the Rooskies were the enemy and not terrorism!)

Latest resources

Back