Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I guess this means no E170's for Comair!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally Posted by Smacktard
I heard that ASA's 40 seaters were going to Comair and the 12 ex Indy planes were coming to ASA.

That wouldn't make much sense... Comair is converting all their 40 seaters back into 50 seaters.

i thought it was possible for Comair to get a mix of 705's and Embraer jets? airlines whipsaw governments just like they do pilot groups..... my guess is a combo - 15 705's and 10 embraer's....

chperplt said:
That wouldn't make much sense... Comair is converting all their 40 seaters back into 50 seaters.

Since when did any of this make sense! Perhaps Comair can convert them at a better rate than ASA can?? Who knows. Personally, I'd rather keep the exisiting 40's we have rather than get beat up 50's from Indy.

twobits said:
i thought it was possible for Comair to get a mix of 705's and Embraer jets? airlines whipsaw governments just like they do pilot groups..... my guess is a combo - 15 705's and 10 embraer's....

why would they do that??

The costs would be astronomical...2 training programs, 2 Mx depts.... not economivally feasable at all. It will be one or the other and CRJs probably have the advantage due to fleet comonality. (at least some what)

Latest resources

Back